• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Questions Only

• Members

John81, do you know that contention leads to strife?

Do you know that a subtle malcontent attitude ties people's stomachs in knots?

Do you know that it is more manly to take your beef to the person you have it with than to shoot them in the back, as you seem to take pleasure in doing?????????????????????????

Have you noticed how many negative potshots you've already taken against the moderators?

Are you aware that every organization rises or falls by the leadership?

Are you not aware that this board is the finest on the web and it is all because of the mods and admin?

Would you like to try an experiment????????

How would you like to be a part of the solution and try praising the mods and admin teams, instead of back-shooting?

Would you be interested in finding out how much good that would do?

John81 said::::

As a matter of fact, there was once a Yahoo Club which was lightly moderated where we exchanged ideas, discussed differing thoughts, and the course of the discussion was kept rather civil by moderators warning individuals rather than closing the topic; but since they shut down the Clubs, we can't participate there anymore can we?

Now doesn't that just remind me of a true story?????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There was a little lady that liked to shop at a corner grocery store in the city. She would buy her hamburger there and was normally satisfied. However, one of her colleagues came and told her that another store down the street sold hamburger cheaper. She went to her friendly grocer of many years and complained.

Said she::::::

"Mr. grocer, a store down the street sells his hamburger for $1.39 per pound, but you always have yours marked up to $1.69 and higher. Why is that? "

Said he:::::

"Is his hamburger any good?"

Said she:::::

"I guess so, my colleague says it is."

Said he:::::::

"Then why don't you buy yours there too?"

Said she::::::

"Oh, he's out of it."

Said he::::::::

"Oh, well you see, when I'm out of it, my price is $1.09 per pound." :clap::peek: :cool :tease: :rollover: :haha :nutty :ha :amen:

• Members

I've been a moderator on a board that locked far more threads, you know?

And I don't really think there is anything wrong with locking topics that get abusive or unending, do you?

I know there have been times I've planned a whole response only to find it locked but it has to be locked at some point and there is always someone who wanted to get another word in, don't you think?

• Members

Eight other forum members have either PM'd me or e-mailed me about this. They all believe it to be a problem but the fear to speak up because of the attacks they know will come their way. Since everyone else seems content to stifle free discussion and no one else is willing to speak openly about the need for certain issues to play our rather than being kept from fruition, I will drop the topic. My statements were not meant as "pot shots" but open expressions hoping to lead to discussion. No offense was meant. I don't come from a background where you simply tell people to shut up because you don't like their position or because you can't back your position as well as you would like. It does bother me to see folks who are trying to expound their biblical view of an issue silenced rather than to have their view treated in a biblical manner and either shown biblically how it's incorrect, or partially incorrect or perhaps to learn that some or all of their view actually is correct. I aplogize if my wishing to see issues brought to a biblical conclusion rather than a silenced termination has caused anyone undue stress. That said, there are at least nine of us here who find this practice unbiblical.

Unless someone feels the need to attack me (you can always PM me), we can let this thread go back to questions, right?

(And I do apologize for my previous questions causing this thread to become distracted)

• Members

Eight other forum members have either PM'd me or e-mailed me about this. They all believe it to be a problem but the fear to speak up because of the attacks they know will come their way. Since everyone else seems content to stifle free discussion and no one else is willing to speak openly about the need for certain issues to play our rather than being kept from fruition, I will drop the topic.

Sorry for getting this thread :ot: again, but may I make a suggestion?

If you feel you have genuine concerns about this board, why not compile all those concerns into a PM and send it to BroMatt or have all those that agree with you each send a PM to BroMatt? That way he can make an informed decision as to:

1. Whether or not you have a valid complaint

2. If you do, what to do about it

I believe this would be proper procedure for anyone who felt like there was a problem; don't you agree?