• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Questions Only

• Members

I guess this means they have never even seen any of the other greats of comedy either, like Bob Hope and Bing Crosby? or Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin? or the Stooges - Shemp Howard, Moe Howard, Curly Howard and their BIL Larry Fine?

Wow really? btw, it was a joke!

• Members

Can you believe I loved all those comedy teams? There was a Three Stooges where they were in a haunted house and when I first saw that in my youth I about fell over laughing!

Can you believe I actually did fall out of my chair laughing one time watching a skit with Carol Burnett on her show?

• Members

Can I just say that I think it's terrible what passes for comedy today? The great comedians like we are talking about didn't need to spew the most vile curse words left and right and talk about sex constantly in order to get a laugh. What does it say about folks today who pay big bucks to laugh at such raunchy stuff?

• Members

Do you believe that Red Skelton quit showbiz for that very reason, because the networks did not like his brand of non-vulgar humor?

Where did all of those raunchy style commedians go - where are they now? Does anyone even remeber them? Did they do timeless humor, or just potty-humor to make a buck?

I will have to say that I think one of the funniest guys around is Jeff Foxworthy - he tells nothing but clean jokes.

I also think that Sinbad is a great "clean" comedian - I have seen him in concert and can you believe that when I left my ribs hurt for a week after that show!?!

• Members

Don't you know I loved watching the Red Skelton show as a child?

Do you remember the show Mork and Mindy? I thought Robin Williams was sooooooo funny. However, can you imagine how shocked I was when I started to watch a concert of his that was on cable TV and heard filth spewing from his mouth? Don't ya just know that was depressing? :sad

• Members

Whoopi Goldberg is another one with potty-humor. The new ones coming up all try to emulate Robin Williams and Whoopi Goldberg it seems.

Robin Williams emulated Jonathan Winters, but to my knowdge Jonathan Winters was always a clean-comic, if I am remembering correctly?