• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Last one to post in this thread wins

Everything got washed real good here last night. We had massive downpours. Thunderstorms and thundershowers all night. It's still raining. It looks like I have a creek in my back lot and my south ditch looks like a pond. The sump pump is running and now it just got darker and is beginning to rain harder again.

In all this I praise God and give Him all thanks for being our mighty Shield throughout the night so no severe, strong, harmful or damaging storms came upon us or near us!

Everything got washed real good here last night. We had massive downpours. Thunderstorms and thundershowers all night. It's still raining. It looks like I have a creek in my back lot and my south ditch looks like a pond. The sump pump is running and now it just got darker and is beginning to rain harder again.

In all this I praise God and give Him all thanks for being our mighty Shield throughout the night so no severe, strong, harmful or damaging storms came upon us or near us!

Make sure you have insurance with a company that covers wind damage, not all of them do. :)

A good homeowner's policy will cover fire, theft, wind, smoke damage, collapse, vandalism, and sudden and accidental discharge of water. I work for State Farm and they cover all these things and more.

However, earthquake coverage is going to be an extra charge on ANY homeowner's policy, and protection from natural floods is a seperate policy that has to be bought through the government. Usually a local independent agent or a SF agent can set you up with it if you meet the qualifications.

Where we live, as far as weather goes, the most likely major damage would come from wind damage. A few years ago my Dad received a notice from his home insurance company saying they were adding a huge deductible to all wind related damage and limiting the amount they would pay. Dad contacted them and told them if they didn't cover wind damage as they always had he was switching insurance. The company dropped the changes and kept Dads policy as it had always been.

After tomorrow I believe its suppose to be up to at least 90º every day, the heat is coming early.

We are happy to get one or two days even close to 90, we look forward to upper 70s and 80s :clapping:

Last year, even when the temps were in the 90s we didn't have near the humidity we normally do. About one week in August was all we had of really bad high temps and high humidity. That was unusual but very nice.

I remember last summer being hot and humid, the only thing was we had a bit more rain and the cattle men got plenty of hay. Of course Arkansas would not be Arkansas if we did not have hot humid weather during summer time.

We typically have a summer full of hot and humid but last year the humidity wasn't near as high. It was a very nice change of pace. We did have lots of rain. It's supposed to be getting hot this weekend.

Rain, thunder, lighting, & a very dark sky, that describes this Thursday in Southwest Arkansas.

Ugh, I've got to go to town, 2 reasons, to get a hair cut & or a licences to wear it long, plus I'm out of blood pressure med, the VA is late getting it to me.