• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Last one to post in this thread wins

I was unaware the change was coming and when I tried to access OB I couldn't. It took me awhile to even be able to find OB. I'm still trying to learn how to understand and work this new place. Hopefully others will find us and join us here.

I was unaware the change was coming and when I tried to access OB I couldn't. It took me awhile to even be able to find OB. I'm still trying to learn how to understand and work this new place. Hopefully others will find us and join us here.

Yes sir, I hope so.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

So, what's the reputation thing?

Why aren't the most commonly used smilies showing?

Well, sir, in regards to your first question...
Crushmaster
(A Servant of the King)

Total Reputation: 0
Positives: 0
Neutrals: 0
Negatives: 0
Positives Neutrals Negatives
Last week 0 0 0
Last month 0 0 0
Last 6 months 0 0 0

I copied my reputation thing for visual aid. You can do a little comment about someone - good, bad, or neutral - about someone by going to their profile and clicking "rate" next to the thing which says "reputation."

Take me, for example: Positive could be, "Crush is a cool guy!", negative could be, "Crush is too liberal", neutral could be, "Crush is an interesting guy", and so forth (bad examples, I know).

So, you can rate someone positive, neutral, or negative, and include a little comment to explain why. This is my understanding of it, anyone.

As for the smilies, sir, the reason they no longer work is because the underlying code under them has apparently changed. For example: This > :smile used to make this > :icon_smile:

Now, the code for that smilie is... : icon_smile : (there shouldn't be any spaces; I just added them so it wouldn't go ahead and make the smilie).

To see the code for the smilies, you can click "get more" on the smilies box when you post a message.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Well, sir, in regards to your first question...
Crushmaster
(A Servant of the King)

Total Reputation: 0
Positives: 0
Neutrals: 0
Negatives: 0
Positives Neutrals Negatives
Last week 0 0 0
Last month 0 0 0
Last 6 months 0 0 0

I copied my reputation thing for visual aid. You can do a little comment about someone - good, bad, or neutral - about someone by going to their profile and clicking "rate" next to the thing which says "reputation."

Take me, for example: Positive could be, "Crush is a cool guy!", negative could be, "Crush is too liberal", neutral could be, "Crush is an interesting guy", and so forth (bad examples, I know).

So, you can rate someone positive, neutral, or negative, and include a little comment to explain why. This is my understanding of it, anyone.

As for the smilies, sir, the reason they no longer work is because the underlying code under them has apparently changed. For example: This > :smile used to make this > :icon_smile:

Now, the code for that smilie is... : icon_smile : (there shouldn't be any spaces; I just added them so it wouldn't go ahead and make the smilie).

To see the code for the smilies, you can click "get more" on the smilies box when you post a message.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Well Crush, you're a pretty cool guy tryin' to help get all this new stuff!

Well, hopefully if the rapture occurs before someone else posts, I'll win. (assuming everyone here is saved, which of course is probably a poor assumption.

Yes, I am.
1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Our day was great too John. Sunday School teaching was from Colossians Chapter 2. Watching out for those false teachers (with enticing words) that decieve those who are in the faith and may cause them to stray away. Truth is, we should read the word for ourselves and let the Holy Spirit lead us. In the morning worship, the Pastor just gave us "plain talk". Called sin what it was and how it would destroy us and eventually bring forth "death". Tonight, the Pastor gave us some instructions on what to leave at the door before we enter the house to worship. Things like anguish, attitudes,arguements, appearance. A great instructional day. One that I needed. Thanks be to God !!!

Called sin what it was and how it would destroy us and eventually bring forth "death". Tonight, the Pastor gave us some instructions on what to leave at the door before we enter the house to worship. Things like anguish, attitudes,arguements, appearance. A great instructional day. One that I needed. Thanks be to God !!!

It's great that you are in a church where sin is called sin and the pastor can preach it! A lot of church people won't tolerate being told they sin or that they need to get right. Glad you had a great day.

(is this the last post?)

Back when I was looking for a new church home for my family I encountered many churches where a mostly 'feel good' message was preached. Sin just doesn't tickle the ears of folks attending church for social reasons.

I'm thankful our pastor preaches the reality of sin.

Back when I was looking for a new church home for my family I encountered many churches where a mostly 'feel good' message was preached. Sin just doesn't tickle the ears of folks attending church for social reasons.

I'm thankful our pastor preaches the reality of sin.

Indeed. I would daresay the majority of churches just do the 'feel good, don't offend anyone don't make anyone uncomfortable' messages, which just simply ain't Biblical.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

I agree. When looking for our new church home I was unprepared for how difficult it would be and how long it would take to find a good church.

Out of curiosity, sir, how long did it take you to find the church you're at now? As in, how hard was it?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Over a year! I looked over all the IFB churches in a 60 mile radius. Then I checked the other Baptist churches. Then I started checking out the non-denominational churches. That's when I finally found our new church home.

This church is non-denom, and has been since its founding in the 1800s. It's a conservative church, sound on the fundamentals, the pastor attended Baptist seminary and he preaches from the Word according to the Word.

Over a year! I looked over all the IFB churches in a 60 mile radius. Then I checked the other Baptist churches. Then I started checking out the non-denominational churches. That's when I finally found our new church home.

This church is non-denom, and has been since its founding in the 1800s. It's a conservative church, sound on the fundamentals, the pastor attended Baptist seminary and he preaches from the Word according to the Word.

Wow! That's a long time. It really didn't take my family too long to find the church we go to now.

It sounds like the Lord led you to a very good church, sir. :icon_smile:
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Too many churches today are more like social clubs than actual churches. I found some okay churches and many churches that would have been "fun" but I wanted a church with a pastor I knew was saved and who truly believed the Word of God and preached the Word of God.