• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Administrators

Yeah - my hubby and I were surprised it only ran for two seasons. We're talking about getting them so our son can see them. We recently got a set of DVD's with 80 episodes of the Rifleman. My hubby had never seen that growing up. He and our son both love the show now!!! Too bad shows aren't more like that now on TV!

• Members

The Rifelman! :thumb

Shows back then tended to have good story lines and more often than not, they had a good moral lesson within them.

Today, most shows are about being obnoxious, crude, obscene, outrageous and politically correct...which tends to mean anti-traditional, anti-decent, and often anti-Christian.

• Members

I recall not all that many years ago when the Mel Gibson movie "The Patriot" came out how there were many liberals, and others, who raised a fuss because the movie was historically accurate in that it showed young boys fighting side-by-side with their dad as he went to rescue one of his captured sons.

Regardless of what the politically correct crowd wishes were true, the fact is that many teens and younger, fought against the English during the American Revolution (as well as most other wars America has been involved in).

• Administrators

That's right, John. And one of the things that was so good about the Rifleman was the relationship between father and son. The dad showed the son in every show just what real courage was - even if his rifle was taken from him (which happened often in the show - but he always got it back and got the better of the bad guys!). Why, he even taught him things from - hold onto your hat!!! - the Bible!!! It's a real shame that more father/son relationships aren't like that today...just think of the good homes there would be out there!!!

• Members

The liberals and feminists have turned many good decent men into a group of meek, docile, sissies, who think it is wrong to raise your voice, or make a stand against anything, including tyranny. I was taught that if you do not stand for something in your life, you will fall for anything!

• Members

This is a big problem even in the churches today. Most churches that I have been to in the last 10 yrs have been pretty much been run by women. I don't know if it is the men that won't do anything or the pastors surrounding themselves with women. Which is always dangerous too.