Online Baptist

Last one to post in this thread wins

Funny how you mention wild game to some folks and they turn their nose up at it because a person hunted it and processed it themselves but think nothing of going to the grocery store to purchase meat. I have always found that to be funny!

It is funny, Sue. People are funny. :mrgreen: I haven't had too much wild game in my life so far, and I didn't grow up with a lot of it around. Every so often one of my uncles would visit and go hunting (by himself, since my dad wasn't into that). I remember he brought back a pheasant and my mom cooked it. I guess she didn't know too much about how to prepare wild game, because I didn't like it very much. I've had venison chili, cooked by someone from our church, and also some venison sausage. Those were actually pretty good. But I didn't grow up hunting or fishing. Now that I've gone fishing, I love it! There is just nothing in the world like catching your own fish, cooking it and eating it! :mrgreen: I think this year my husband and I will do some freshwater fishing, now that we have all-water licenses. The catfish and trout you get in the Gulf (of Mexico) isn't that great (to put it mildly). The seatrout is OK, but the kind of catfish that swims in the Gulf is a hard-head catfish and the meat tastes like mud. :barfy: So we're eager to try fishing in some of Texas' lakes and streams, and see what we can catch. :D

My husband did catch a stingray this past Saturday though. Most people throw them back because they don't want to risk getting stung, or because sting rays just aren't what they're fishin' for. :D You can eat the "wings" of a stingray, and most people we've talked to have compared them to scallops. We just marinated them in teriyaki sauce and chopped garlic, and put them under the broiler for 6 minutes (3 on each side after preheating both the oven and the broiler pan). There aren't any bones, just a thin strip of cartilage running about halfway through the wing, and you can easily "peel" the meat off that with a fork. Yum-my!

Here's a pic:

stingray_first_caught.jpg
  • Replies 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John81

• IM4given

• HappyChristian

• matie-k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good singing and preaching tonight. After the hymns a woman sung how great thou art. Preaching was on fellowship. I'm thankful for a good church to attend. 

I heard the first are actually going to be last so does that mean the one who started this thread is the real winner? lol

Well, I got this here thing inside me.  One doc calls it a node, one doc calls it a mass, so I don't know what to call it.  So anyways; I got this thing and they did a biopsy yesterday and they won't

Posted Images

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Wow Michelle, that is a nice stingray and it does sound yummy! I have not tried salt water fish although if I had opportunity too, I would. All of the lakes and rivers around here are fresh water and we have enjoyed plenty of fresh water fish.... :D
I agree, it is great catching and preparing what you have caught yourself. One thing most people do not realize is, everything that you catch yourself is fresher than anything that can be purchased in the store. We are able to eliminate the middle man and get right to the goods, when we do the catching ourselves.... :mrgreen:

Well then, they are missing out on the fellowship here....... :wink:

Donuts and coffee may be tasty, but it cannot compare with the light hearted fellowship that is found here in this thread.... :mrgreen:

• Advanced Member

Hi it seems like forever since I have been on
we got Grandpa's test results back all of the tumors have increased and there are some new one's. They want to put him on a pill that is 100 dollars a pill and he has to take it everyday plus the side efeects are horrible, i.e. blindness exploding of the retina ect. Oh and his stomach has collapsed. Which if there is anyone on here that could please explain what that means it would be much appreciated. His docter is very untruthful and did not even tell us about that we read it in the report. My Algebra 2 teacher is an EMT and he said it is extremely bad but he would not tell me why.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa's condition. It's terrible there are doctors out there who are not truthful with their patients and families.

May the Lord bless your Grandpa and if he is beyond healing I pray the Lord will grant him a peaceful exit from this world.

I know when my Mom's time came we were all thankful that she went peacefuly, even if she did depart much, much sooner than we had all hoped for.

May God bless, strengthen and comfort you.

• Advanced Member

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Having this many smilieys should be illegal :frog