• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John81

• IM4given

• HappyChristian

• matie-k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good singing and preaching tonight. After the hymns a woman sung how great thou art. Preaching was on fellowship. I'm thankful for a good church to attend. 

I heard the first are actually going to be last so does that mean the one who started this thread is the real winner? lol

Well, I got this here thing inside me.  One doc calls it a node, one doc calls it a mass, so I don't know what to call it.  So anyways; I got this thing and they did a biopsy yesterday and they won't

Posted Images

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I've only owned a few vehicles. My first was a 1966 Chevy half-ton pick-up truck.

Then I had a 1969 Mercury Montego. Followed by a 1978 Chevy Monza, then a 1986 Chevy Caprice Classic and a 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis--which I'm still driving.

• Advanced Member

Happy in Him, you're so cute. You expect us to believe you dislike Iowa while you live in Ohio? I don't think I'd be putting down other states. The only thing I can think of that would drag me there is the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I don't feel near as bad as I did before.

Mitch

Say, did you know that it is "Hockey Day in Canada"....I didn't, not until just lately.... I am watching the Toronto Maple Leafs play Edmonton and visiting with everyone here....:mrgreen:

Toronto is currently leading 2-0 :clap: :clap: :clap: :tum :tum :tum

Yes I know what you mean by a Cornhusker thats Nebraska and I know what a Hoosier is I am one .
Born and raised in the great state of Indiana :D

and Kansas is the Jayhawks

now as to the redlegs would that be a chicken ?

anyway IU won today in basketball over the Buckey's of Ohio State

and thats a wrap

Well, I can think of one right off the top of my head. :D One Christmas vacation (when the schools still called it that), my parents took my sister and me up to Lake Tahoe to go skiing, and we stayed in a condo for three days. It snowed while we were there in the condo, so that's the first and only white Christmas I've ever had...and I remember it to this day. :mrgreen:

Most of the vacations we went on were when I was young, prior to when my maternal grandfather passed away. After he passed away all those extended family vacations, weekends at the river, and holidays at Grandma and Grandpa's ended.

Beyond the family togetherness, little really sticks out about that time.

I am blessed and for many consecutive years I have been able to go on hunting trips with my husband, my Dad and my son.....that is three generations of family getting together for a week of deer hunting while enjoying the blessings of GOD's great outdoors.

My Dad was always very physical, very much a hard worker and outdoors man. Sadly, he now has heart trouble and his lungs are bad so we can no longer enjoy hunting together. I had always looked forward to having sons and all of us going hunting together but that can't happen now.

I am sorry to hear that your Dad has heart trouble and unable to enjoy the activities that you had previously shared together. For this very reason we try to enjoy each day he has given us and make full use of each opportunity that HE provides...my Dad is 73 going on 74 next month and we too do not know how many more opportunites that we may have to all hunt together.

This is a photo of my hubby with one of the harvested deer taken during our week of hunting, while using our muskets.

barry16ib.th.jpg

On Dec. 21 2005 my son asked me to go out bow hunting with him after he got off of work. I was sitting in one area and my son in another when this large deer came out. I thought it was a doe. I slowly raised my bow and took the shot.....the deer ran back into the marshy area and I sat quietly not wanting to disturb anything that may have come out into view for my son. At dusk we followed the tracks and found my deer....I was surprised that in fact it was a buck that had already dropped it's antlers and it was a huge one at that. Notice in the photo wear I am standing. I am 5'7" and the deer is towering over me. My husband was quite impressed when we came home with it and needless to say, we have lots of deer meat and have shared it with our family members.

mrbuck4jpgedit5xw.th.jpg

Wow, now that's great!

My Dad used to hunt just about everything: rabbit squirrel, racoon, deer, quail, pheasant, etc. The first two years he and Mom were married they mostly lived off what Dad hunted.

We used to hunt mushrooms every spring as well.

And Dad loved to fish too!

Wow, now that's great!

My Dad used to hunt just about everything: rabbit squirrel, racoon, deer, quail, pheasant, etc. The first two years he and Mom were married they mostly lived off what Dad hunted.

We used to hunt mushrooms every spring as well.

And Dad loved to fish too!

Your family sounds very much like our own, :D

My parents also provided much of our food that way and still to this day, eat much the same way. I came from a family of six children so there were many mouths to feed and Dad did an excellent job of providing for us.
My Dad is a commerical fisherman so we too had plenty of fish to eat... :D

Us too, and we all enjoy eating wild game to this day! Funny how you mention wild game to some folks and they turn their nose up at it because a person hunted it and processed it themselves but think nothing of going to the grocery store to purchase meat. I have always found that to be funny!