• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Last one to post in this thread wins

They are working on ideas of getting man to Mars but considering that virtually everything NASA has done or attempted to do since the end of the Apollo days has taken years and even decades longer than planned or hasn't come to fruition, I wouldn't hold my breath on waiting for them to get there!

Of course, if China were to make serious strides towards reaching Mars that might fire up America and/or Russia to put serious effort into beating them there.

Right now America says they must complete the space station; which is years behind schedual and greatly reduced in size from the original plan. Then NASA says they need to make a few trips to the moon and eventually build a base on the moon before setting out for Mars.

And while all of this is going on they can try and figure out the problems with being able to have the fuel, water and food supplies necessary for a trip to Mars...along with a few dozen other problems!

I remember watching the Apollo moon landing when I was a little girl ... we were all gathered around the television waiting for something to happen - it was sort of disappointing that all they did was walk around a little bit and collect a bag of rocks! We were wondering if there would be any little green men, or perhaps some exotic cheese there!

I remember watching the Apollo moon landing when I was a little girl ... we were all gathered around the television waiting for something to happen - it was sort of disappointing that all they did was walk around a little bit and collect a bag of rocks! We were wondering if there would be any little green men' date=' or perhaps some exotic cheese there![/quote']

Well, you know, don't you, that it wasn't the moon at all - it was actually filmed in the desert!! :lol: j/k

Here's some "food for thought" from a portion of a comedy script.

We never should have landed a man on the moon. It's a mistake. Now everything is compared to that one accomplishment. I can't believe they could land a man on the moon . . . and taste my coffee! I think we all would have been a lot happier if they hadn't landed a man on the moon. Then we'd go, They can't make a prescription bottle top that's easy to open? I'm not surprised they couldn't land a man on the moon.

I remember before they ever landed on the moon we'd play "moon monsters" on the playground with the monkey bars being our spaceship! :lol:

We were all waiting to see the moon monsters when the astronauts finally got there :tum