• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

My momma actually thought the Second Coming would be 2000 -

I waited for the power to go out, the gas stations to close, etc.

All that happened was for the ball to drop and then nothing happened. SO I guess it missed us too!

Momma was VERY disappointed, I can tell you! :lol::lol: :lol:

• Members

I believe it was like a college computer professor told me. The whole thing was a big bluff in order to scare companies and individuals into upgrading their computers and software.

The whole Y2K scare served as a mini-boom to a significant share of the market.

• Members

Yes, and people spent millions of dollars on new computers, computer software, new TVs and VCRs and various other electronic equipment that have computer chips in them.

Also, millions of dollars were spent on generators, stockpiles of MREs and other food stuffs, bottled water, various emergency supplies, gasoline and other fuel sources, etc.

There were even fairly large number of folks who either remodeled part of their homes or built new homes or special Y2K shelters! :roll:

One big hoax, one big nudge for the economy, one big nothing to occupy the minds of the masses while the real stuff went unreported and unnoticed.

• Members

Momma was absolutely certain that the whole world was going to end - I am afraid even Christians got caught up in the hysteria. I told her don't bet the farm on it, because the Bible says we aren't going to know when the Second Coming is - He will return like a thief in the night. I try to live every day as if Jesus is coming tonight! I want to be ready.

• Members

A lot of unscrupulous Christians made a lot of money by pushing this as serious and having something to do with Bible prophesy.

A lot of other Christians just got too caught up in it all and thought the Rapture was about to happen or that the Great Tribulation was going to begin or the whole world would descend into another Dark Ages, etc.

• Members

It seems like it was only yesterday when all that was happening, doesn't it? Momma was on the phone with me crying and waiting for the trumpets to sound - and they didn't.

I told Momma to cheer up, that means we were spared and we have another day to pray for the salvation of our loved ones. God has chosen to spare us and give us a bit more time to prepare, a bit more time to tell our family and friends, and co-workers of his love and saving grace.

• Members

So the way I look at life is to thank the Lord for each new day that he gives us, because that means we have yet another opportunity to tell someone about Christ, a new day in the Lord to share our witness with someone.

Good morning John81 :coffee

It is waaaaaaaay past my bedtime so I am calling it a night!