• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Last one to post in this thread wins

Many in my family thought it was "nice" that I wanted to be a Christian but that I really shouldn't take all that stuff in the Bible so literally!

Of course Satan uses our families against us when they are like this. Family members will try and convince us that all sorts of things are okay when the Bible says it isn't.

I actually don't really talk to them anymore, I avoid it at all costs because it is such a discouragment to me. I was a brand new baby when I met my fiance (just 3 days saved) and between him, my Bible and my prayer time I have learned so much about Christian living, and there is nothingbetter.

I don't let them get to me anymore, for the simple fact of what my testimony is today compared to the last 27 years

I actually don't really talk to them anymore, I avoid it at all costs because it is such a discouragment to me. I was a brand new baby when I met my fiance (just 3 days saved) and between him, my Bible and my prayer time I have learned so much about Christian living, and there is nothingbetter.

I don't let them get to me anymore, for the simple fact of what my testimony is today compared to the last 27 years

That's right good thinkin' there!

My fiancee and I used to spend time reading the Bible together and studying the Word and praying. I wouldn't trade that time in our lives for anything.

It's sad how many Christians will get together with a non-Christian and even marry them with the idea that somehow their new spouse will suddenly come to Christ and all will be well.

Right now there is Trouble in Paradise with he and I, but when there isnt we are reading through the Bible in a year together (this sstarting Jan. 1st) we do devotionals, as well as prayer time every night. This week has been so hard being that the issues are there, but I am still reading every day.

I am praying that his meeting with his pastor will clear things up. I talked to his pastor last night for about an hour. He and I live 8 hours away from each other, and the night before all of this started we stood up in front of his church and gave our testimonies together. It was the first time I had given mine out loud to a crowd. I thought everything was great and then I got home the next day.... sorry way off track.

Yeah, I can't believe I ever lived the way I did without the Lord. There have been plenty of stumbles and falls over the years, but the Lord has always been faithful and helped me get back to my feet on His path.

It would be so easy, even now, to dive into sin and live wrongly, but thankfully the Holy Spirit keeps me on the right path and staying in the Word helps to keep my New Man strong so the Old Man can't lead me astray.

There are things/people that quickly could make me stray from Christ, and in all honesty as I type this I am having a great conviction, being that I was being a rebellious "wife/fiance" with all that is going on... I am going to put an end to it and repent. Wow, Liiving with Christ is a wonderful thig, and I love it when he pulls me back in and puts my feet back on the solid rock!

Good morning all! :coffee

I am glad to read that I am not the only one who faces daily struggles between the Old Me and the New Me! I am thankful that Jesus is in my heart and helps me to overcome that!

Good morning all! :coffee

I am glad to read that I am not the only one who faces daily struggles between the Old Me and the New Me! I am thankful that Jesus is in my heart and helps me to overcome that!

God be praised.

Good Morning,

I wish I could say that "OLD ME" die and was never coming back, but there are times when he does, and the "NEW ME" tries so hard to fight him off, but fails at times. The devil knows my weaknesses, and boy does he use them against me like no other ever could!

As long as we continue in the fight and don't give up we are yet doing well. While it would be nice to suddenly become a "perfect Christian" the sad fact is that we can't. What we can do is determine to become more Christ-like the longer we live. We should be stronger, more Christ-centered Christians ten years after our being born again than we were just one year after being born again.

I love being in the company of mature Christians; meaning those who have been walking with Christ for many, many decades. I can "see" and "feel" Christ in them! When they talk of their growth in the Lord and some of what they went through it's hard to believe this solid Christian standing before me once dealt with the very things I deal with.

Our struggles never end in this life but we should have victory over many areas in our lives as we grow and mature in the Lord.

We must fight the good fight, run this race determined to win, forgetting that which is behind us and pressing on to that glorious future in Christ!