• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Last one to post in this thread wins

Bill Gothard always does them but we watched them prerecorded at the church where we went to see it.

My mom was at some of Bill Gothard's seminars a long time ago, and she still has all the stuff she got there. We went through it a while back. Even though he doesn't use the KJV, he's got a lot of good things to say.

Actually he does use the KJV. And I agree, there's a lot of great stuff in it. They have a lot of great books at their website too. I have a couple already and plan on getting a bunch more. :)

He must have gone back to the KJV from the MVs. All the stuff of my mom's uses The Living Bible or another one that I can't remember.

We always just looked up the verses in our Bible whenever they came up in his stuff.

The only thing is....we have to be careful, especially in recommending books to younger Christians. I know of one time I recommended a book written by a non-KJV person and that person thought I wasn't KJVO because of it. I try to always say, "It doesn't use the KJV, but if you have one, you can just look the verses up."

Absolutely! Good point. I agree. There are several books I've read that have been a real blessing to me but if there is even the tiniest bit of something not "100%" with the book, I wouldn't recommend it to a new or younger Christian.

That's interesting, I don't remember any books that have other translations in them. All of the curriculum for ATI and the books he has authored have been KJV. Some of the books that IBLP sells aren't KJV but as has been said, some really good books have been written by non KJV people.

A couple that comes to mind are books by Bruce Wilkinson and Joshua Harris.

Really nice. Work all day, come home to check OB and I find two threads I started have been locked with what would seem no more reason than some folks couldn't argue their personal positions from a biblical platform.

If there is not a biblical argument against or for something, then that should give folks a clue they need to reevaluate their position. This is especially true if there are biblical arguments which stand against what they are against or for.

Why can't Christian adults carry on a conversation to its conclusion rather than being forced into silence constantly?

Hi all! I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK from my trip!

I spent 14 hours traveling today and I am just about dead on my feet, but I could not go to sleep without posting! What have I missed? :?

Cheer up John 81, locked threads are a way of life on many message boards, even here, too it would seem. I left one that locked nearly every thread I posted because I was too "controversial" - I dared to challenge sacred traditions - the "this is the way we have always done it" crowd - with scripture verses! GASP! Since they could not have me stoned, or flogged, or drawn and quartered, or hung upside down and burned at the stake, they just locked the threads - which was almost as effective...NOT! :lol: