• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

PastorMatt

Last one to post in this thread wins

I LOVE TRIVIAL PURSUIT! I am the reigning champion of English III class(last year)! I like the History questions...Yeah...That is my favorite subject..*sigh* :frog :mrgreen:

:lol: Kayla, you sound like my best friend from high school. We would play Trivial Pursuit together quite often, and when she would win (also quite often) she'd say "I'm the Trivial Pursuit champion of the world!!"

But unlike you (I'm quite sure), she didn't like it when others would win (like me). She was quite a poor loser.

My family quit playing Trivial Pursuit because I kept winning all the time -- no brag, just fact. Same with Scrabble (I'm a trained journalist, what can I say?)

Now, Risk -- that's a game. We also play a lot of Monopoly, because the family has a fairly decent chance of winning that game.

Mitch

Now, Risk -- that's a game.

My husband (before he was my husband) used to play Risk a lot with his college buddies on an Apple IIe (or was it an Apple IIc? -- I forget exactly, but it was a very old Apple! :D ). I've never understood that game. I did play Monopoly a lot growing up -- that and the game of LIFE.

Geography and history were my strongest points in Trivial Pursuit.

Like Mitch, I got too good at it and people stopped wanting to play. :(

Played Monopoly a lot when I was younger.

I used to play Risk with some university friends. The first time I ever played the game with them they practically ignored me because they all felt so much superior to me because they had been playing so long. I won that first game! :mrgreen: They never ignored me after that and whoever won that game in that group really had to work for it. Those guys were intense and serious at that game!

I don't have anybody around to play Risk with anymore so I play the PC version.

Just wait until my boys get a little older and I show them who the General is! :lol:

If you haven't already noticed... :wink: I enjoy playing games....like you didn't know that, eh? :lol: I really enjoy a challenge and games provide me with a challenge where I am able to participate and put in my best efforts.

There are several games that I like to play....Scrabble, and Balderdash are two of my favorites. Whenever I play Balderdash and write down my definition of a word, people usually choose my definition as they believe it sounds most like what the actual word would mean....It seems that I am able to make them sound realistic.... :mrgreen:
GOD has blessed me with a vivid imagination.... :D

Balderdash is great fun because the object of the game is to bluff the players into believing your definition is the correct definition of the word. Each person writes what they believe would be the definition of the 'given' word and then they decide which definition they believe is correct. Each person who chooses the correct definition receives points and also the person who is most convincing and gets the most votes also receives points for bluffing. :D Before we start a game we determine between us how many points one needs to be declared a winner.....thereby, ending the game sooner because it can easily go on for a long period of time. It is great fun and believe me there is a lot of laughter going on.....especially when you convince someone that your definition is correct when in fact you were only bluffing.

Did you decide yet, John? :mrgreen:

I actually took a nap this afternoon. My husband and I did some shopping early this afternoon just before the rains came -- which is good, because I really hate driving in the rain. :D

The temperatures have dropped some here, no sun, just gloom, and the wind has picked up. I took a short nap this afternoon. It didn't help any, it's still gloomy outside. :frog

I did sing some good 'ol hymns this morning which brightened my day. :sing: