• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members
DSL = Digital Subscriber Line

I don't understand it that well, but here is a Wikipedia article I found on it that will explain it better than I ever could. :lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Subscriber_Line

Ohhhhhhh, okay, well cool, that's what our local phone company is working to put together here! Maybe I can get that sometime in the not too distant future.

And here I thought DSL stood for Direct Satelite Link! :lol: :roll

• Members

I'm certainly tired of the slowness of dial-up and the fact I can't watch most of the videos.

That little commercial video in the pasta cooker link you posted still hasn't finished downloading and I went to that link right after you posted telling me how to find it.

• Members
That little commercial video in the pasta cooker link you posted still hasn't finished downloading and I went to that link right after you posted telling me how to find it.

:lol: That doesn't surprise me! I would give up on it, John. It's not a terribly interesting video.

• Members

I imagine it would work, but how long it would last might be dependent on how good of quality the plastic is. I have a nice steamer that come with my microwave that works great for steaming veggies and is high quality plastic, but I rarely use it because we have such a large family. I use my farberware rice cooker (all you have to do is google the name if you want to look at one) for cooking all my rice because it can make a ton at a time. It doesn't make pasta, though.

• Members

We have a good-quality plastic steamer for our microwave that we use to steam veggies and fish. We bought it at one of those kitchen gadget stores that are always in large shopping malls. Since there are only two of us, it's a perfect size. If we had a large family we'd have to get something bigger.

We do have a rice cooker, though it's not by Farberware. I think Rival made it. It too makes a "ton" of rice. We usually use the leftovers to make homemade fried rice.