Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

BroMatt

Last one to post in this thread wins

I was watching the live news and a house literally blew away as they were filming from inside a cement condo.

Edited by (Omega)

And behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and [rebuked the winds and the sea]; and there was a great calm. (Matthew 8:24-26)

This is an interesting verse indeed. I find it interesting that Jesus "rebuked" the raging winds and the sea, because the only time Jesus would "rebuke" something was when He "disapproved" of it. His disciples were "expert" fishermen and they would in no doubt have been familiar with the territory amidst the sea of Galilee. The fact that this caught the disciples off guard is, in my opinion, an attack from the enemy to thwart the ministry of Jesus in some way -- otherwise God the Holy Spirit would not have used the word "rebuked". Anyway, I'm just glad that you're situated in an area where you are kept out of harms way.

this is the day, this is the day, this is the day which the Lord hath made we will rejoice we will rejoice we will rejoice and be glad in it

I am always amazed that people refer to places like Oakland as, "Northern California". I do know that it is always called Northern California because it is north of an imaginary central line. But I live in the real Northern California, about forty miles from a small place called Yreka. Yreka is about 20 miles from the Oregon border. Population 7,500.

I live very rural, or even isolated. My nearest neighbor is five miles away. Temperatures here at this time of year drop into the low thirties at night and run about sixty to seventy in the day, if it is sunny.

I don't know . . . everyone here refers to Oakland as Northern California -- so I refer to my place of residence as located in Northern California as to not CONFUSE others. If I tell someone out of state that I DON'T live in Northern California, but rather I live in Oakland . . . it will only cause them confusion -- and I'm not about that.