• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

As long as we continue in the fight and don't give up we are yet doing well. While it would be nice to suddenly become a "perfect Christian" the sad fact is that we can't. What we can do is determine to become more Christ-like the longer we live. We should be stronger, more Christ-centered Christians ten years after our being born again than we were just one year after being born again.

I love being in the company of mature Christians; meaning those who have been walking with Christ for many, many decades. I can "see" and "feel" Christ in them! When they talk of their growth in the Lord and some of what they went through it's hard to believe this solid Christian standing before me once dealt with the very things I deal with.

Our struggles never end in this life but we should have victory over many areas in our lives as we grow and mature in the Lord.

We must fight the good fight, run this race determined to win, forgetting that which is behind us and pressing on to that glorious future in Christ!

• Members

I still have the first Bible that was given to me about 10 years ago, when I thought I wanted to start going to church (way before I became a Chrisitan). Even then it was strictly KJV, but had no clue why it was the case! I now have the one that was given to me by one of the ladies that was present as I was lead to the Lord. It is the one that I read everyday, and yes there are some very worn pages in the last 7 months. Praise the Lord for all that he has done!!!

• Members

My "work horse Bible" is a KJV Open Book Bible that was given to me by my preacher in 1980. I have things underlined, highlighted, stars written beside verses, study notes written in the blank spots - it is well worn and ragged and falls open immediately to my favorite verses of scripture. I carry it with me everywhere I go, it is in the car seat beside me when I travel and on the shelf of my computer desk when I am working. I would be lost as a goose if I did not have it with me!