• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

That's why Scripture says a prophet is not without honour except in his own country!

Those who knew us before we were saved are most often very skeptical and often even critical. Family and friends can be very trying and a huge source of trials and temptation. Oftentimes it does our Christian growth a great thing to get away from such; at least for a time.

• Members

Sadly, family can be the hardest to witness to and among the last to take your salvation seriously. Family all too often think it's just a phase and they take bets among themselves how long it will be before you forget that stuff and are back to the way you were.

• Members

You are so right... I have a feeling that is what my family has done. Though I live far from the family that I believe would do this I can hear them snickering without ever hearing thier voices... the same way as when I announced my engagement after just 3 months of knowing my now fiance.

• Members

I certainly know what you are talking about! My family was a real source of grief when I was first saved. My wife and I were engaged within a few months of meeting and then married a few months after that. I heard over and over how we were rushing things and if we married we wouldn't last a year. Well, here we are all these years later!!!

• Members

When I first announced it, my cousin sent me an email that nearly cussed me out because how could I marry someone before living withthem, and how could I marry someone before knowing them a year... and how it would not be sin if we lived together just didnt do what it is that married people do... and I quoted to her, (I wish I had it memorized) that if you even look upon a woman and lust after her, you have already commited adultry with your heart.

• Members

Many in my family thought it was "nice" that I wanted to be a Christian but that I really shouldn't take all that stuff in the Bible so literally!

Of course Satan uses our families against us when they are like this. Family members will try and convince us that all sorts of things are okay when the Bible says it isn't.

• Members

I actually don't really talk to them anymore, I avoid it at all costs because it is such a discouragment to me. I was a brand new baby when I met my fiance (just 3 days saved) and between him, my Bible and my prayer time I have learned so much about Christian living, and there is nothingbetter.

I don't let them get to me anymore, for the simple fact of what my testimony is today compared to the last 27 years

• Members

I actually don't really talk to them anymore, I avoid it at all costs because it is such a discouragment to me. I was a brand new baby when I met my fiance (just 3 days saved) and between him, my Bible and my prayer time I have learned so much about Christian living, and there is nothingbetter.

I don't let them get to me anymore, for the simple fact of what my testimony is today compared to the last 27 years