• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

My grandparents had a dog name Tyler. When he would see the pastor heading toward church the dog would run down to the church and sit on the porch untill the kids got there to play with them. They would go in and when they came back out he would be laying on the porch waiting for them to come run some more. He was always the last one to leave the church.

• Members

My granpa built the back steps and they were a bit like bleachers with the back open. It was perfect for children to dine. Me and my cousins (about 10 children all of us under the age of ten) would sit on the back steps to eat - you sat on one tread with your feet dangling out the back, and the next tread became the like the table top. Grandma would put a sheet of fresh newspaper down for our placemat, then an alimunium pie pan was the plate and we had regular forks and spoons to eat with. We did not have money to buy paper plates or cups. Instead we drank out of jelly jars (does any body else remember Bama Jelly that was shaped like a drinking glass?) They grew up during the Depression and thought paper products was a big waste of money.

It made clean up easier, especially when we had Missouri watermelon!