• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

My mind isn't in the gutter. A word has a meaning, simple fact. Would you say sh** to illustrate your disgust for something? Why not? Because it is more offensive? Both words are vulgar, it has nothing to do with where my mind is.

Your mind is filthy and you need to get it right with God. Show me a dictionary in which the ONLY definition of the word "screw" has anything to do with sexual connotations! The sheer fact that your brain leapt to that as the first and only meaning of the word is evidence that your mind in truly in the gutter.

I am not picking on you kevin, but I am very offended that you would take an innocent comment that I made and twist it into something vile and vulgar like that, even after I explained my actual meaning and yet you refuse to accept it!

• Members

Your mind is filthy and you need to get it right with God. Show me a dictionary in which the ONLY definition of the word "screw" has anything to do with sexual connotations! The sheer fact that your brain leapt to that as the first and only meaning of the word is evidence that your mind in truly in the gutter.

I am not picking on you kevin, but I am very offended that you would take an innocent comment that I made and twist it into something vile and vulgar like that, even after I explained my actual meaning and yet you refuse to accept it!

How about the etymology of the word?
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=screw&searchmode=none

I need to get my mind right with God because I pointed a foul word out that even the world knows what it means? It doesn't matter one iota about how you meant it because a word is a word. You can't change the meaning of it by using it innocently. It's a foul word just like any other, though one that many Christians fall for unfortunately...

• Members

I have never heard the term "screwy" used in a sexual manner in my entire life. Each and every time I've ever heard that term, whether it be from my youth watching Looney Tunes, to my pre-saved teen years, to all the years since I've been saved, I've never heard that term used to mean anything but something akin to "crazy."

• Administrators

It is quite obvious that IM4given meant no harm in using the word. Instead of throwing her to the curve and casting judgment on her, find out exactly what she means and privately let her know what the term means in slang. Hashing this stuff out in public does not edify the Lord.

Please control your tongue. You are being deceived. James 1:26