• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

That's a good point Kevin. While I'm not superstious about 666; or anything else for that matter, a great many folks are.

I've found that a lot of non-born again folks are superstious of 666 and that even more professing Christians are superstious of that number.

I've seen professing Christians put something back or toss it in the trash because they notice a 666 somewhere on a lable or bar code or whatever. I've heard them proclaim they would never have a license plate with 666 on it when they see one, etc.

Some professing Christians believe seeing or finding something with 666 on it is automatic "bad luck!"

What does all this say about how well folks in America understand the Scriptures?

• Members

That's a good point Kevin. While I'm not superstious about 666; or anything else for that matter, a great many folks are.

I've found that a lot of non-born again folks are superstious of 666 and that even more professing Christians are superstious of that number.

I've seen professing Christians put something back or toss it in the trash because they notice a 666 somewhere on a lable or bar code or whatever. I've heard them proclaim they would never have a license plate with 666 on it when they see one, etc.

Some professing Christians believe seeing or finding something with 666 on it is automatic "bad luck!"

What does all this say about how well folks in America understand the Scriptures?

It's amazing how superstitious even Christians are. I have been guilty of it myself at times...

my keyboard is screwy tonight

Hmm...do you know what that word means? I'm guessing not. :)

• Members

Generally, the common meaning of the word was around prior to the corruptors turning them into some sexual reference.

I heard part of a Tim McGraw song on a car radio one day where he lamented that he missed the days when:

A coke was a coke
A hoe was a hoe
A screw was a screw
Etc.

• Members

Right, that is why it depends on the way in which it is used. I can screw something together. I can buy some screws from Home Depot. However, if I said that you screwed me, it would have a very foul meaning to it. Most of the world, unfortunately, knows this. I find it interesting that most Christians that I meet have no idea as to its meaning.

Just to give you an idea what it means to the world when they hear you say it without getting detailed...I was looking at right-wing stuff one time when I saw a shirt with a graphic on the front that said: "Abstinence is best...unless you're screwing a liberal."

Not something a Christian ought to be known for in my opinion...

• Members

:eye::eye:

my keyboard is screwy tonight :(

What I meant when I said that was that everytime I hit the "enter key" it kept pasting something I used "cut and paste" for and things I submitted to one thread ended up on another thread, and a myriad of other technical difficulties too numerous to mention. I got zapped by about 6 different trojan viruses yesterday in the space of 2 or 3 minutes, and had to call in a computer expert to get everything fixed.

Get your mind out of the gutter if you thought I meant anything else by it.