• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Things tend to get really interesting when you have your one and only bathroom out of commission. It has been a week - the tub had a leak underneath and rusted from the inside out. Plumber had to replace the tub, take out the drywall behind the tub and replace that, replace the copper pipes and faucet fixtures and shower hea, mud the wall, then put the tile in and grout it. I painted the walls to match the new tile. Tommorrow he is coming back to put the final finishing touches on it! :sing: Hooray for the new bathroom!

• Members

Well, this project is related to the other project. The moisture from under the tub seeped through the wall and made my carpet in the bedroom get all yuckky with mold, and rotted out the little wooden stay sticks, messed up the foam underpadding, and created a stinky smelly problem. I did not know the tub was leaking until I pulled up the bedroom carpeting. SO now that the tub is repaired, we can go back to the original project, which was to replace the carpet with a tile floor. :mrgreen:

• Members

I had bathroom projects a few years ago. The tub drain was still connected with old pipes and they became totally clogged. At about the same time, the faucet to the tub began leaking really bad. The way the tub was put in I had to remove a section from the bottom of a shelf/cabinet in order to get to the pipes. I replaced all the piping for the drain and installed new faucets and connectors. Then I had to make a new section for the bottom of the shelf/cabinet.

That was enough tub fun to last me for awhile! :mrgreen:

• Members

The plumber who replaced the tub had a shock when he discovered the previous "handy man" had used regular drywall behind the bathtub and then tiled over it. The regular drywall absorbed moisture and made the tiles buckle and pop off. I told him the landlady hired Moe, Larry, and Curly to repair the bathroom the first time around! It's a wonder that the water wasn't connected to the light switch! :lol:

• Members

Yeah, the guy who owned this house before I bought it was fixing it up himself before he died. Anyway, he was rather haphazard in his approach. He would do fix-ups in one part of the house and then start another part before finishing. Things he should have done first, he didn't. When I bought this place there was a lot of finishing up what he started projects to deal with.

Ironically, the guy who lived here before was the caretaker at the cemetary and he died at the cemetary while working! To add to the irony, my sisters first ambulance call as an EMT was to his body in the cemetary. Funny how things connect. If he hadn't died at that time, this house wouldn't have been available when I was needing it.