• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Well, John, I'm sorry to hear about the church, but glad that God kept you from it!

Yeah, me too. I had such high hopes though so it's really disappointing. I do believe the pastor is saved but he doesn't seem sure of a few things. Odd for someone who has been a pastor for over a quarter century!

Anyway, he just hired his son to be the new Associate Pastor and Youth Pastor. His son had been working in youth ministry in Saint Louis prior to this. Now his son is bringing a lot of contemporary stuff into the church.

They will be having a new Saturday contemporary worship event, they don't want to call it a service! Basically, they plan to use the Saturday 'event' to experiment with various contemporary worship devices and then begin to incorporate them into their regular Sunday services. :(

• Members

No. :(

From what I have seen and read, I believe that church is purposefully putting themselves on the fast-track to contemporariness.

That's a real shame because of the most nearby churches, their pastor is the only one I truly believe to be saved.

Ironic, odd, and funny in a warped way is how the closest church to our home hates Halloween and preaches that it's not for Christians in any form, yet they accept women pastors (a husband and wife are the "co-pastors" of the church :roll: ), they allow their daughters to dress like street walkers, and some of the young women who attend that church dress like high priced call girls!

The next closest church recently got a new pastor, a former Amish who claims to still hold to his Amish roots spiritually, mentally and physically.

How I wish there was actually a local, nearby church to attend.

• Members

The seed was thrown out but it seems the soil wasn't furtile here. Most of the people in this town think of themselves as "good Christians" and attend one of the five churches here already. The rest have such a wrong idea of Christianity from these that they are not interested.