• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Good morning all I couldn't sleep and it's 3:33 AM so I thought I would get up from tossing and turning and jot you all a little note.

It's dark outside here in Missouri, currently it is Aug 1st. currently it is 80 degrees outside.

There is an excessive heat warning in place until 10 am tomorrow morning.

The barometer is probably holding steady at about 0.

So I got to thinking the other day, have you ever noticed that most pet names must have been invented by Baptists...like sugar, honey, sweetpea, dumpling, cupcake...They all reference to food. Ok enough deep thinking done for me..I really need some sleep pray for me.

• Members

have you ever noticed that most pet names must have been invented by Baptists...like sugar, honey, sweetpea, dumpling, cupcake...They all reference to food.

I've heard very few pet names as food. In fact, of all the pets I and my kids have had, none had food names.

Snoopy
Jody
Mercedes
Precious
Casper
Rommel
Bitsy
Buddy
Sophie

Kayla, I think you need your sleep.

Mitch

• Members

Guys, guys, guys! You misread her post I think. I think when she said "pet names" she meant what loving couples and sweethearts call each other. Sugar, sweety pie, cupcake, etc. - she was referring to those endearing names that husbands call their wives, and wives call their husbands. My pet name for my xh was "honeydew." His pet name for me is unprintable here, and was not the least bit flattering!(Reason #643 that I am not still married to him!)

• Members

Nope, I didn't misread her post -- nowhere does she include humans, husbands or wives, or couples in her post. She said "pet names." Now, are you saying that she's saying a spouse should be treated as a pet? Oh, boy, now we're opening up a can of worms! Kayla thinks her future husband will be her pet!

So, Kayla, what kind of pet husband are you looking for? A Rottweiler? A Pekinese? Maybe a parrot? Or a goldfish?

I'm just teasing here, folks -- just a little pickin' on Kayla because she needs some sleep.

Mitch