• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

The movie Next of Kin deals with a Southern man being killed in Chicago (I think it was Chicago) and his family taking up the role of kinsman redeemer as they go after the killer, who happens to be into organized crime.

• Members

Would the Southern Man be of Scot-Irish ancestry? If so I feel sorry for the mobsters! I am from "Highland" stock and I can tell you that when one of us is hurt the whole tribe bleeds...it is just the way of our family. The same if you hurt one of us, you will have the entire family after you.

Oh and by the way...

in case you forget...

I WIN! :sing:

• Members

When the Highland Clearances of 1745 began, many of the displaced Highlanders settled into the Appalchian Mountains of Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia because it was the type of land they were most accustomed to. If you check out the roadmaps you will see place named for their homeland, like Glasgow KY. The Hatfields and McCoys are two families famous for their family fued that extended several generations. Highland Peoples take their bloodlines and kinfolk very very seriously. That is why "outsiders" are treated with a great deal of suspicion - you are never truly accepted by a community unless and until you can esatblish a bloodline relationship with them...either by marriage, or by having traced your genealogy back enough generations that you can trace your relationship to the community back to your great great grandma on your aunt's cousin's side of the family. My family names are Ross, Stewart, and Taylor. That dosen't mean very much anyplace outside of Kentucky, but when I am "back home" it means all the world!