• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

It isn't a good idea to walk around or be outdoors in a tropical storm - the wind tends to knock down tree limbs and power lines.

Things have calmed down now, the rain is gone and the wind is not blowing. We will still have rain bands as part of the storm passes by us, and those cells of rain can pack strong winds with them.

• Members

Just trying to build up that false sense of security! :mrgreen:

It's going to be hotter here today than yesterday and it's supposed to be near 100 this weekend.

Yesterday I spent time pulling weeds and cultivating the garden. Later I watered it.

• Members

I can't even imagine going through the trouble and effort of planting a garden without including some fresh juicy sweet tomatoes in it! Some varieties of tomatoes can be grown in flower pots or plastic wash tubs, and you can bring them indoors in case of cold weather. I have even seen them growing in hanging flower pot containers with the vines allowed to grow downwards.

• Members

No one here eats tomatoes that much. My wife and oldest son eat them some, but not enough to justify growing our own. Since about the age of 7 or 8 I've been allergic to tomatoes. I even had to stop using ketchup, and up until that time I used to drown just about everything in ketchup!

My Dad is a real tomato lover. When we do grow tomatoes he usually eats most of them. He might eat two or three whole tomatoes a day when we have them fresh!

• Members

Here is my ALL TIME FAVORITE way of eating a garden fresh mater...

Bright and early as soon as it is light enough to see go down to the garden and pick the largest juiciest beef steak maters at their peak of ripeness, still wet with the morning dew.

Stop off at the hen house and gather some eggs up after you scatter some chicken feed in the yard.

Now bring the maters back to the house, wash one off, and dice it into small cubes. Now finish making breakfast - fry up a skillet of bacon, use the bacon grease to make a pan of hot "scratch" country biscuits, reserve about a tablespoon of grease to flavor the tomatoes with. While the biscuits are baking fry up some of those freshly gathered farm eggs. Serve up the eggs and biscuits with a skillet of gravy and side orders of bacon cooked to crispy perfection, and bowls of diced tomatoes, and a pot of steaming hot coffee! YUMMY!