• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

We've goiten 4 inches already. It stopped for s while and has started again. Supposed to sleet and freeze rain later.and then do it again Tuesday...

That's quite a lot.  We didn't get that.  It started out snowing but stopped for us, and turned into a decent amount of rain.  The streets are slick.  I can't wait for the sleet and frozen rain.  Not.

• Administrators

I hear you. Its especially bad when things freeze and then more snow hits. They are saying we could get a quarter inch of ice. Aaaaak! Be careful if you have to go out!

John-I would rather have a 7-9inch cake, too...and I'm not even very fond of cake!

• Members

I hear you. Its especially bad when things freeze and then more snow hits. They are saying we could get a quarter inch of ice. Aaaaak! Be careful if you have to go out!

John-I would rather have a 7-9inch cake, too...and I'm not even very fond of cake!

It certainly is, HC.  Aaak, is right!  Well, I am home for today.  I wonder what the roads will be like tomorrow morning for church?  My first pastor is preaching, b/c his son (my pastor) is out of town for work.  I am really looking forward to hearing him, b/c I got saved under him.

LOL, about the cake.  I love cake, pie, cookies et all.  Not good.  I stopped at Peets (the old Caribou coffee) and got a white mocha frappe thing today.  I am being bad.  I had no control today.  LOL  

• Members

We've had a lot of Saturday storms this winter. Must be the demon of "keep 'em out of church" at work!

One Sunday after a really bad Saturday winter storm we had 40-some in the first morning service and 30-some in the second. There was 80+ total. When someone asked our pastor about the low numbers he replied, "That's 80+ more in our church than any of the churches that closed had in theirs!"

• Administrators

We have only had one Sunday that was almost too bad to go. It was bad enough we didnt run any busses, but thete were a lot tnhere. Yhat night, ee had a whole lot more snow, and my hubby didn't start shoveling in time. Between the massive amount of snow, sub zero temps, and sub-sub zero wind chill, he had to keep coming in to warm up andogo out again. We didn't make it to church that night.

• Members

Well, the rain turned into beautiful white snow, sticking to the trees.  It was a gorgeous morning.  Church was awesome!  Loved the message.  Great fellowship after the service, too.  We had one service today, b/c my pastor's dad wanted us all to attend a wake for a brother in Christ's younger brother.  Alcohol and cigarettes finally got to him.  We went early evening.  Practically the whole church was there.  It showed the family so much support.  They were so pleased with the outpouring of love from us.  

Edited by candlelight

• Members

More winter storms moving across the land, most of this week it seems.

After this very wintery winter I hope we may be blessed with a pleasant, moderate weather pattern the rest of the year.

Yes.  We are supposed to get hit on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday is supposed to be better.  We are going out of town from Friday till Tuesday.  Traveling to a beautiful town outside of Marietta, then Pittsburgh on Monday, to the Orthodox Jewish area of "Squirrel Hill."  We visited one time, and had such a good time.  I am so excited to visit our missionary friends again, in their home, since our last trip got cancelled.  They will be going back to Scotland in March for bit, then they are going through the US to raise support for the new church they are going to plant there.  Scotland is such a dark country, and many are into witchcraft.  When they planted a church in WV, four years ago, they lost support from 12 IFB churches.  That is very sad, b/c we desperately need more IFB church planters in the USA.

• Members

The Gospel is desperately needed all over what is so falsely called "Christendom", which are the Western (European) countries (which includes Canada, USA, Australia, NZ, along with Europe).

The church plant here had to close doors due to such churches pulling their support because they believed the church was taking to long to establish itself. Since then there has been no Baptist church of any kind in this little town.

I pray the Lord will provide good and safe travelling conditions for you and the trip may be a blessing to all involved.

• Members

The Gospel is desperately needed all over what is so falsely called "Christendom", which are the Western (European) countries (which includes Canada, USA, Australia, NZ, along with Europe).

The church plant here had to close doors due to such churches pulling their support because they believed the church was taking to long to establish itself. Since then there has been no Baptist church of any kind in this little town.

I pray the Lord will provide good and safe travelling conditions for you and the trip may be a blessing to all involved.

Amen, John!  We so desperately need the gospel in these countries b/c "christendom" has been deluded in these areas and the world for that matter.

That is so sad to hear that, John.  While I do not live in the Bible Belt, by any means, we still have strong IFB churches in my area.  One have to drive a distance to get there, though.  

Thank you:)  I would appreciate prayer for traveling mercies.  This is also the first time we are leaving our two dogs with my brother.  Usually one of my BIL's comes over to watch them with my brother.  Our Pomeranian is a handful, and my BIL decided he wouldn't watch him anymore.  Duke is extremely attached to me.  Our Maltese (Dusty) is such a great dog, though.  PTL!  They should be alright b/c when we are not here, he is fine for my brother.