• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Ah, but wait, Dave...if it snows in Egypt, could Perth be far behind? :biggrin:

Maybe, but in recorded history it has never happened... ;)

only one place in the whole state regularly gets snow - about three days every four years our highest southern peak gets snow.

every four years is pretty regular - just not very often..... :lol:

• Members

Maybe, but in recorded history it has never happened... ;)

only one place in the whole state regularly gets snow - about three days every four years our highest southern peak gets snow.

every four years is pretty regular - just not very often..... :lol:

Strange things happen once in a while & you can see them if your in the right place at the right time.

I recall one afternoon another hand that drove for the same trucking company as I was headed west & we had just gotten off of I-20 onto I-10 out in West Texas late one summer afternoon. It was not a hot summer afternoon which would have been normal for that country at that time of year, it was just under 80Âş.

All of a sudden snow started falling out of the sky, we could not believe it, not this time of year. We talked with some other truck drivers that were east bound on our CB Radio & they said they hit the snow about 5 miles back. Of course it melted as soon as it hit anything. We pulled over on the shoulder & got out enjoying the snow falling standing out beside our trucks. The air felt a bit cool for a summer afternoon in that county & it really felt strange standing out there in short sleeves with snow falling on us & in about 3 to 5 minutes it stopped.

• Members

About two years ago we had a major hailstorm that dented cars all over the city.
The insurance companies went berserk, the repairers could not do all the work, the car yards wrote off thousands of brand new cars and used cars.

You still see hail dented cars driving around. People bought them really cheap from insurance sales.

We don't often have hailstorms here but they do happen.

• Members

We've had some good sized hail in storms.  Thankfully, nothing of ours has been damaged in any.  It snowed here again yesterday.  It's very cold. Jerry, I could handle some 60-70° weather!!  Nice for you!

Today we hit 68º, I'm going to be stingy, & try to hold on to it as long as I can!  :biggrin: