• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

My favorite roads here in Florida are little two lane roads through the swamps that most people bypass because they are so narrow and out of the way. I like them because they take me out of the cities and through some very lovely farmland that is fast disappearing here in favor of Land Development.

The only problem with these roads is that it puts you into touch with some very UNCOMMON critters. You have to drive slow so the gators have a chance to crawl away before you get there, and you have to watch out for the occasional nearsighted heron - I hit one of them with my windshield before and I thought I hit a chicken or a duck or something! He did not seem too terribly injured and was able to fly away before I could stop and see about it.

• Members

Rudy's Restaurant on the Courthouse Square in Murray, Kentucky still has "Pig Brains and Scrambled Eggs" on its menu! They serve up hot homemade bisuits and gravy too - sort of like Cracker Barrel TRIES to make but that's still "city food" by us! Their blackberry jam comes in pint-sized Mason Jars and they will serve it to you if you ask real politely.

You can buy Mountain Oysters fried up and served with BBQ sauce from the vendors at the Annual Tater Day Festival in Harlan, Kentucky.

In case you are wondering, Murray is just south of Possum Trot, Kentucky and a bit east of Cold Water. The wrestler, known as Hillbilly Jim is from Cold Water. Harlan is near there.