• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

The humidity is quite high here as well, but I am thankful for our central air.  We haven't had to use it a whole lot this past summer but on the humid days like this, we do!!  My poor hubby works in an automotive recycling shop and between using torches to cut things off and impact wrenches to remove tight bolts, he is really glad to come home to a cooler environment.  He gets a good nights rest as well and feels more refreshed to tackle the job of the day.

• Members

Our God still works miracles!

We stopped by the doctors office after my wife's physical therapy yesterday to see if they could push back her going back to work. The doctor said no, she must go back on 8-29. One of my wife's physical therapists took a stand and pressed her view that my wife should not be returning to work so soon. Eventually, at the end of the day yesterday, the doctor agreed to give my wife one more week off. That was good news!

Yet there was some surprising news to come. When my wife called the workman's comp lady and told her about the extension, how she was doing and told her when her first post-op appointment with the doctor is, the workman's comp lady told her to not only take that other week, but to also take another week and a day off!! My wife now doesn't have to go back to work any sooner than 9-16!!!

Everyone said it was impossible that my wife would get more than one week off. They all said the doctor would never approve it and workman's comp would be even worse to talk to. They seem to have not considered what God can do!

Our God is able to do abundantly more than we hope and pray for!

I fail to understand that doctor, surgery done on August 22, & he said go back to work on August 29, that's is absolutely wrong for a person who has a whole knee replacement, even if a person has a setting down job.

I would not recommend that doctor to anyone. Knee replacement surgery is a major surgery. And you do not get back to normal walking in just 7 days. Should be more like 6 weeks at the least.

• Members

I fail to understand that doctor, surgery done on August 22, & he said go back to work on August 29, that's is absolutely wrong for a person who has a whole knee replacement, even if a person has a setting down job.

I would not recommend that doctor to anyone. Knee replacement surgery is a major surgery. And you do not get back to normal walking in just 7 days. Should be more like 6 weeks at the least.

Apparently there is some law which dictates to this when it involves workman's comp. There are always complications when dealing with workman's comp and the doctors are often caught in the middle along with the patients between work rules, laws, workman's comps desires.

On her old workman's comp there was never a problem but since the company switched who handles the workman's comp there has been complication after complication; and not just for us, but it seems for just about everyone who has had to deal with a workman's comp related issue this year.

• Administrators

I asked Salyan for some of that cool Canadian air but she's being stingy.

I got a laugh yesterday morning when I was checking the weather in the paper.  It said that cool air from Canada was making it's way south... :nuts:

We are definitely feeling the cooler air right now. It was like a fall morning this morning. Unusual for this neck of the woods.  September is usually as bad or worse than August.  I am happy, though - took Bella for a walk this morning and we both enjoyed the lack of heat and humidity and the ability to breathe without struggle!