• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

The little Geo replaces Mabel my '89 Mercury Sable. She was a good little car that I paid $600 for her and I drove her for over a year until the motor mounts broke and the brakes went bad. My sister said the only reason I bought that car was because it was the same color as duct tape, so it was easy to make body repairs!

• Members

Duct tape is by far the best invention in the 20th century! It can be used for everything! I keep a roll of it in my car, and another roll in my emergency drawer at home. It makes great bike seat covers when the old one wears out. :D

• Members

That's sad IM! :(

Are you allergic to their stings? That sounds like a pretty bad reaction to a sting on the toe.

My worst sting was on my rear end when I was about 8 or 9. I was gathering eggs from the chicken coop and there was a wasp nest in there I didn't see. The wasps stirred up as I was leaving and one of them managed to find the hole in the seat of my jeans and zap me a good one! :freak:

My Mom was outside the coop and didn't know I had been stung so when she saw me running out the door yelling she yelled at me not to drop the eggs! :lol:

• Members

Well it is quite painful but I don't have severe enough reactions to go to the ER or anything. I am frightfully allergic to the Florida Fire Ants, though - one sting from one single ant (or maybe it was the uncle? :? ) and I was incapacitated for an entire week! I could not even drive! I just have to learn not to roam about the yard in my bare feet - it's an old Kentucky habit that I have yet to break.

When I was a kid growing up we got one pair of shoes at the beginning of the school year and we wore them for the entire year (duct tape to the rescue again!) and then we went barefoot all summer long until school started again. I don't like wearing shoes in the summer time, but I guess I am going to have to start. :mad:

• Members

I know what you mean, shoes can often seem to be a bother in the summer.

My first Texas girlfriend (before I was saved) stepped into a mess of fireants and her leg was severely swollen for a long, long time.

Those fire ants are some mighty rough customers!