• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Had a strange episode with my heart so they are running some tests to see if it's actually my heart or something else. Besides that and the headache I currently have, I'm doing well. I got my yard mowed for the third time this year.

Will pray for ya right now, brother.

Glad you're doing well besides. :)
God bless,
Joel ><>.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If we keep this thread going that long, we'll have wasted a lot of time!

:saywhat: What do ya mean?

He may appear with tomorrow's sunrise for all of us. :clap::clapping:

Between now and a little over 12 hours from now (Eastern time zone), He will call some home to be with Him. They'll be winners, while we still have to wait a little longer.

• Members

The older I get, the more I think about letting such things as that go!

Between me & town a man & wife that is now gone, they used to keep their whole place looking like a show place, now that they are gone, its looking like it once did, seems their effort were worthless, & all the money they paid out getting people to make it look so pretty was spent in vain.

Makes me think of treasures.

• Members

No doubt so much of what we do here on earth amounts to exceedingly little here and nothing for eternity.

I won't be trimming the hedge today. My heart is beating wrong this morning. Hopefulyl I will feel better later so I can still mow.

• Members

And so many of our endeavors, efforts made, our wants, has nothing to do with the work we have been saved to do.

Agree with that!

Near us there used to be a textile plant that employed about 400 people. Built in the 30's or so, it was a massive construction with thick brick walls, REAL hardwood floors, and other construction details that can't be duplicated today.

Think about the efforts made to build and operate that plant. Along with the wants of those who had it built and those who worked there. Concluding with the wants and efforts of those who turned that location into a weed filled empty lot decorated with a for sale sign. Sure, it served it's purpose, for a time. But, only for a time.

One of my regrets, often stated these days, is the time I wasted while I was away from the church. That includes all the Sunday mornings spent at work or sleeping late when I didn't have/want to work. (I had some choice in the matter.) Also includes time spent with hobbies and such, that lasted for awhile, until my interest in them waned for some reason. So many things with investments of time and money that are now like that weed filled lot.

I can't tell you how thankful I am that the Lord called us back into a physcial church where we are finally doing what He saved us to do, many years ago. It's no longer important that the back 40 gets mowed every week. (We live in the country on 3 acres, where we kept much of it mowed like a golf course.) So many things are like that in our lives today. Sometimes it's amazing when I think about "wants" we had that have disappeared over the last two years.

:sSig_praiseGod: