• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

We were up early that 1st day, but there was no bounce in us! We were all in a state of shock.

At the recruiting station at Shreveport, LA, were we left out of for Lackland, I met two other fellows from eastern Arkansas, they had signed up for the weekend warrior plan with the Air Force. But their sign up had been changed, & switched to active duty, & were awaiting orders to head to Lackland the morning we left for the air port, they sure did have a sad look on their face. They looked as if the rug had been jerked out from under that feet & had landed on their heads.

• Members

Our first night we didn't make our beds we just went to bed and the next morning I think we got to sleep in a little longer than we would normally since it was so late when we finally got to bed. not much longer but a little longer. We had one guy I remember break a ruler and threaten to stab anyone that came near him. He had a mental break down. that was his ticket home. I think he ended up in the 319th for a few weeks to get evaled and nowadays if you haven't been in so long you just get a other than honourable discharge.

• Members

Nobody went nutty in our group. I did feel sorry for the guy who was wearing a St Louis t-shirt when he arrived. He was somewhat different looking and a bit uncoordinated so he really stood out. Naturally the DI latched onto him and called him St Louis throughout basics.

• Members

We had a couple northern city guys and they seemed rather foriegn. Sometimes we had to figure out how to translate what we were actually trying to say. They used words and phrases totally different than the rest of us and they most often misunderstood our word usage and the phrases we used.

• Members

Really, or does it just seem to come faster, while rightly taking the same amount of time. I believe the latter is what you really mean

I'm not either. The feeling sure has changed since Linda & I lost our parents, its just not the same. Plus for other family members seem that way & its impossible to get them all together with out parents gone.

• Members

Yes, it's our perception that changes, not the actual speed of time. That also applies to how we view this time of year. It was much different when we had a house full of young children. Things were different when my Mom was still alive. Things were very much different when I was a young child and both Grandma and Grandpa were still alive and the entire family gathered at their house on Christmas eve.

• Members

I know what you mean. My daughter has a get together where we eat supper and open a present at her house on Christmas eve but it's just not the same as when I was a child and such a large portion of our family was together at my Grandma's house. It's nice, but not the same.