• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

:mrgreen: I knew I "heard" my name. :mrgreen:

My job right now is very temporary. The company is looking for a full-time receptionist, and that isn't my forté. I'm more of a back-office type of person -- working with spreadsheets, presentations, databases and word processors. Heavy phone work isn't something I go out of my way to find. :lol: But it's a job, it helps to pay the bills, and it gets me out of the house all day so I'm not tempted to eat junk. :D I don't think they'll keep me very much longer because they have to pay the agency and the agency pays me ($9.00 per hour). It's close to home, though, which I like. It takes me between 15-20 minutes to get there. I am becoming more comfortable and confident about answering the phone and paging people on the intercom system -- and the fact that I can have free frozen fruit slushes anytime I want doesn't hurt either. :mrgreen: I don't think I'll be there past this Friday, but that's OK with me. It's not what I want to do but it meets our needs for now. :) Anyway, that's what's going on with me these days.

:mrgreen:

• Members

It cost $100.50 today for the dogs yearly vet trip! It cost $24 dollars just to walk through the door!

Oh, and gas prices are now well over $2.50 a gallon so it cost $28.00 to fill my car up today!

I'm thankful I can count upon the Lord to meet our needs because I don't know how they could be met any other way!

• Members

Isn't that the truth, John!! I have a dental appt. coming up on April 6th--no dental insurance and my husband and I live on SS disability. The dental work I need done is going to cost $500--we are totally depending on God's provision because we see no other way of coming up with that money--and they require payment in 2 payments--half now and the other half three weeks later. No credit cards are accepted (we don't use them either).