• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

It's a great blessing for a church to have a good pastor, and the pastor to have a good church, and they remain together for many years.

Most of the churches seem to go through pastors left and right. My shoes often last me longer than the pastors of several area churches last.

• Members

It's a great blessing for a church to have a good pastor, and the pastor to have a good church, and they remain together for many years.

Most of the churches seem to go through pastors left and right. My shoes often last me longer than the pastors of several area churches last.

I've noticed that too. Sometimes it may be the church did not know the pastor well enough, and or the pastor did not know the church well enough.

• Members

I've noticed that too. Sometimes it may be the church did not know the pastor well enough, and or the pastor did not know the church well enough.

I've seen that happen with one of our local churches. It seems they are in such a rush to fill the pastor position they grab one fast rather than actually taking the time to gather many applications, going over them completely and then doing a thorough interview.

A nearby church which has had this problem recently asked our pastor to help them in selecting their next pastor. After he looked over their questions they ask prospects to fill out he said it was no wonder they had problems. They didn't ask much and what they did ask didn't get to the core of a prospects beliefs. Our pastor wrote them a new questionare and has been helping them go over the applications. So far, out of dozens of applications and questionares sent in, only one prospect has answered all the questions biblically and our pastor has suggested they interview this man.

• Members

I've seen that happen with one of our local churches. It seems they are in such a rush to fill the pastor position they grab one fast rather than actually taking the time to gather many applications, going over them completely and then doing a thorough interview.

A nearby church which has had this problem recently asked our pastor to help them in selecting their next pastor. After he looked over their questions they ask prospects to fill out he said it was no wonder they had problems. They didn't ask much and what they did ask didn't get to the core of a prospects beliefs. Our pastor wrote them a new questionare and has been helping them go over the applications. So far, out of dozens of applications and questionares sent in, only one prospect has answered all the questions biblically and our pastor has suggested they interview this man.

No doubt, having them there to preach for a couple of Sunday's, does not give them enough to know if they're right for the job or not, that is unless they know the man, and had some good references.

• 2 weeks later...