• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Go ahead and rub it in. Up here in Iowa, we've had a "freezing fog" for two days. The fog is very heavy and moist, and the temperatures are cold enough to freeze the moisture. It does give a white highlight to the trees, however.

Mitch

We don't talk about Iowa on this board Iowa is a bad bad bad state

• Members

Our wood stove is a blessing and it does a wonderful job of heating our home. We have a forced air electric furnace and needless to say it is a costly heating source. The LORD has provided and has enabled my hubby to keep our wood supply up. Because of his efforts we rarely need to use the furnace. :clap:

• Members

Seems most heat sources are costly to operate.... :(

I am thankful that we have been blessed with our wood-stove. My brother custom made it for us and it is able to accommodate a log that is 30 inches long and 14 inches in diameter. It also has been fitted with blower system that circulates around the exterior walls of fire box and then blows the warm heated air into the room.

• Members

We don't talk about Iowa on this board Iowa is a bad bad bad state

I don't know about "bad", but I've noticed Iowa, or at least several Iowans, to be rather strange.

OK, folks, I need a little explanation here. If the Lord has called me here, I could use some gouge on what to watch for.

Mitch

• Members

Even though I haven't been called to Iowa as Mitch has, my curiosity is getting the better of me. I'd love to know what's so bad about a state that produces so much great corn. :D

Besides, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've got family there. So that's another basis for my interest. :D

• Members

It's hard to put into words, especially typing words! :lol:

Many seem to be a little off their rocker while some are just plain quirky.

I've worked with several and had a few as work friends, but there is/was something just a bit different about them.

Of course, if they received some proper preaching and turned to Christ we could see a grand change take place! :mrgreen:

Go get'em Mitch! :saint