• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Just to be clear.... Yes, certainly I know that Ecclesiates is the very Word of God. But, like the recorded lies of Satan, It is not all truth. You must be careful how you interpret the book.

For example: 9:4,5 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward

I understand what you're saying, sir; I've heard some speak of it.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Just to be clear.... Yes, certainly I know that Ecclesiates is the very Word of God. But, like the recorded lies of Satan, It is not all truth. You must be careful how you interpret the book.

For example: 9:4,5 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward

Holster, how exactly do you see this? My thinking is that when a non-beleiver is in the mist of believers there is hope of salvation. We can encourage or persuade or even preach the gospel to them. He's still alive physically but dead spiritually. We, as Gentiles, were once considered dogs. Even Jesus called the Gentile woman a "dog," and therefore all Gentiles, dogs. But, because Christ shed His blood and died for all men, God did away with calling the Gentiles dogs. We would no longer eat the scraps, but would be able to sit at the same spiritual table in Christ whether one be a Jew or a Gentile. Now a lion was considered majestic and the King of Beasts, but once dead, it was of no good, no longer was it able to enjoy what it once devoured. You've heard the old saying....."Born once...you die twice, Born twice, you die once". How do you interpret this scripture?

• Members

Holster, how exactly do you see this? My thinking is that when a non-beleiver is in the mist of believers there is hope of salvation. We can encourage or persuade or even preach the gospel to them. He's still alive physically but dead spiritually. We, as Gentiles, were once considered dogs. Even Jesus called the Gentile woman a "dog," and therefore all Gentiles, dogs. But, because Christ shed His blood and died for all men, God did away with calling the Gentiles dogs. We would no longer eat the scraps, but would be able to sit at the same spiritual table in Christ whether one be a Jew or a Gentile. Now a lion was considered majestic and the King of Beasts, but once dead, it was of no good, no longer was it able to enjoy what it once devoured. You've heard the old saying....."Born once...you die twice, Born twice, you die once". How do you interpret this scripture?

I don't want to get into interpretation on this single scripture as it was just an example. It's clear that Ecclesiates is not a book that should be used to teach doctrine on Heaven as was trying to be done to an innocent person who did not know better. :icon_biggrin:

• Members

I don't want to get into interpretation on this single scripture as it was just an example. It's clear that Ecclesiates is not a book that should be used to teach doctrine on Heaven as was trying to be done to an innocent person who did not know better. :icon_biggrin:

I think I understand what you're saying. My understanding, was it was read publicly at the feast of the Tabernacles since the author's emphasis on the enjoyment of life made it appropriate reading at this annual season of rejoicing. A lot of Solomon's wisdom was included and some repeats of what was written in the Proverbs. I've read where some theologians think that an impersonator wrote the book of Ecclesiates rather than Solomon himself. Anyway.....regardless, I think your doctrine is sound and I'd still sit under your preaching anytime. I love your comments.

• Members

Just a question... why use the Geneva Bible in your signature?

I am in the lead once more...

and to answer your question, it is because I am a big fan of it. I think it is my favorite but I am not sure because the Tyndale is a close second. It may even be my first. I am not sure.

• Members

Not meaning to be critical here but the Word of God should not be thought of as "which version is my favorite" but rather, which version is the Word of God. Now, if you are referencing a "favorite" in a "historical" or "collective" perspective, well, that is a different thing.

• Members

Not meaning to be critical here but the Word of God should not be thought of as "which version is my favorite" but rather, which version is the Word of God. Now, if you are referencing a "favorite" in a "historical" or "collective" perspective, well, that is a different thing.

I am not King James Only. I use the Geneva and Tyndale as my daily Bible reads. I love the history but I also to believe them to be just as much the Word of God as the KJV. I know this is not the place to say that since most here are KJVO. I grew up in a KJVO home. I am use to those who believe this way and comfortable around them. I am not here to debatet this since I already know the belief of this forum.