• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I agree. When looking for our new church home I was unprepared for how difficult it would be and how long it would take to find a good church.

Out of curiosity, sir, how long did it take you to find the church you're at now? As in, how hard was it?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Over a year! I looked over all the IFB churches in a 60 mile radius. Then I checked the other Baptist churches. Then I started checking out the non-denominational churches. That's when I finally found our new church home.

This church is non-denom, and has been since its founding in the 1800s. It's a conservative church, sound on the fundamentals, the pastor attended Baptist seminary and he preaches from the Word according to the Word.

• Members

Over a year! I looked over all the IFB churches in a 60 mile radius. Then I checked the other Baptist churches. Then I started checking out the non-denominational churches. That's when I finally found our new church home.

This church is non-denom, and has been since its founding in the 1800s. It's a conservative church, sound on the fundamentals, the pastor attended Baptist seminary and he preaches from the Word according to the Word.

Wow! That's a long time. It really didn't take my family too long to find the church we go to now.

It sounds like the Lord led you to a very good church, sir. :icon_smile:
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Too many churches today are more like social clubs than actual churches. I found some okay churches and many churches that would have been "fun" but I wanted a church with a pastor I knew was saved and who truly believed the Word of God and preached the Word of God.

• Members

lol, It's been a long time. Nobody seems to have missed me, though. *cry* hehe

Things are going pretty well. I have my ups and downs living on my own in a foreign country but it's been a good experience. I've been here for 9 consecutive months and 11 out of the past 13 months. 3 months left and I'm looking forward to getting back to the States. I think I'm gonna get an apartment with my best friend in Maryland and find somewhere to work there for a while. Not sure when I'll come back, yet, still waiting on the Lord for direction for my future.

So many things have happened over the past few months, it would be tough to write about everything that's happened. :P

That's neat that you mentioned me. It's been quite an experience here. :)

• Members

Well, I've missed you around here and would like to hear about your adventures in Korea whenever you have the time to post a story or two.

I know what you mean about waiting for the Lord's direction for your life. I'm still doing that! LOL

• Members

I've found that teaching kids can be very very stressful. I find the older kids the most rewarding and have discovered, if anything, what group of kids I best relate to. I don't enjoy the younger kids nearly as much and they are most often the source of stress for me. The biggest thing I've run into here is loneliness. Not having a fellow American my age and with my beliefs to talk to. I'm the only foreigner at my school and because of my work hours am unable to meet other foreign teachers here. I have my Korean friends, but it's not quite the same as having a Christian American friend to talk and converse with comfortably. That's the biggest reason I'm looking forward to getting back to the States. And I miss driving. :P

• Administrators

Kevin? Could it be? Wow! First Madeline posts a bit after so long, and now Kevin!!!!:sign0200: Good to have you back with us.

I'm sure you've been extremely busy over there - but I can imagine the loneliness. I know all of my missionary friends get lonely - and they have family with them. When will you be heading back to the states?

• Members

My residence term expires the third Saturday in November so I'll have to be on a plane that day heading back. That's 11 1/2 weeks away. I've been somewhat busy but not overbearingly so. I took Korean classes on the weekends for about three months but my sister came to visit for a few weeks so I stopped taking them. Not sure if I'll pick them up again since I only have a short time left and want to keep my Saturdays open to spend with friends.

I do have my sister here now and she'll be here for another 3 weeks so it's nice to have some family here and someone to talk to in plain English. hehe

• Members

I've found that teaching kids can be very very stressful. I find the older kids the most rewarding and have discovered, if anything, what group of kids I best relate to. I don't enjoy the younger kids nearly as much and they are most often the source of stress for me. The biggest thing I've run into here is loneliness. Not having a fellow American my age and with my beliefs to talk to. I'm the only foreigner at my school and because of my work hours am unable to meet other foreign teachers here. I have my Korean friends, but it's not quite the same as having a Christian American friend to talk and converse with comfortably. That's the biggest reason I'm looking forward to getting back to the States. And I miss driving. :P

I agree with you about teaching. I'd much rather teach older kids than younger ones.

I've been in situations where I really had no one to talk with, and especially no one who shared my beliefs. It's real tough and I'm thankful I wasn't as isolated as you are now. God will see you through as He did me. You will be in the states soon. Remember to keep your eyes on the road when you are driving and not looking at everything you missed!!

Sorry if it seemed I took off this morning. I lost my connection and couldn't get it back.:@

Great having you post again!