• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Well, sir, in regards to your first question...
Crushmaster
(A Servant of the King)

Total Reputation: 0
Positives: 0
Neutrals: 0
Negatives: 0
Positives Neutrals Negatives
Last week 0 0 0
Last month 0 0 0
Last 6 months 0 0 0

I copied my reputation thing for visual aid. You can do a little comment about someone - good, bad, or neutral - about someone by going to their profile and clicking "rate" next to the thing which says "reputation."

Take me, for example: Positive could be, "Crush is a cool guy!", negative could be, "Crush is too liberal", neutral could be, "Crush is an interesting guy", and so forth (bad examples, I know).

So, you can rate someone positive, neutral, or negative, and include a little comment to explain why. This is my understanding of it, anyone.

As for the smilies, sir, the reason they no longer work is because the underlying code under them has apparently changed. For example: This > :smile used to make this > :icon_smile:

Now, the code for that smilie is... : icon_smile : (there shouldn't be any spaces; I just added them so it wouldn't go ahead and make the smilie).

To see the code for the smilies, you can click "get more" on the smilies box when you post a message.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Well Crush, you're a pretty cool guy tryin' to help get all this new stuff!

• Members

Our day was great too John. Sunday School teaching was from Colossians Chapter 2. Watching out for those false teachers (with enticing words) that decieve those who are in the faith and may cause them to stray away. Truth is, we should read the word for ourselves and let the Holy Spirit lead us. In the morning worship, the Pastor just gave us "plain talk". Called sin what it was and how it would destroy us and eventually bring forth "death". Tonight, the Pastor gave us some instructions on what to leave at the door before we enter the house to worship. Things like anguish, attitudes,arguements, appearance. A great instructional day. One that I needed. Thanks be to God !!!

• Members

Called sin what it was and how it would destroy us and eventually bring forth "death". Tonight, the Pastor gave us some instructions on what to leave at the door before we enter the house to worship. Things like anguish, attitudes,arguements, appearance. A great instructional day. One that I needed. Thanks be to God !!!

It's great that you are in a church where sin is called sin and the pastor can preach it! A lot of church people won't tolerate being told they sin or that they need to get right. Glad you had a great day.

(is this the last post?)

• Members

Back when I was looking for a new church home for my family I encountered many churches where a mostly 'feel good' message was preached. Sin just doesn't tickle the ears of folks attending church for social reasons.

I'm thankful our pastor preaches the reality of sin.

• Members

Back when I was looking for a new church home for my family I encountered many churches where a mostly 'feel good' message was preached. Sin just doesn't tickle the ears of folks attending church for social reasons.

I'm thankful our pastor preaches the reality of sin.

Indeed. I would daresay the majority of churches just do the 'feel good, don't offend anyone don't make anyone uncomfortable' messages, which just simply ain't Biblical.
God bless,
Crushmaster.