• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

Thank you. I think one of the reasons so many professing Christians have so many seemingly overwhelming difficulties is due to a lack of prayer...as well as a lack of faith, which adversely effects prayer.

It's rather long, but the book, "Prayer: Asking and Receiving" by Dr. John R. Rice is an excellent book. Sadly, it seems some Baptists don't preach as fervently on prayer anymore because Charismatics and Pentacostals go overboard with some of these things. We shouldn't neglect prayer and the power of prayer and the importance of prayer in every aspect of our lives just because some others add some unbiblical aspects to their teachings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Why lurk when you have the opportunity to enlighten and enterain me? :Green

The games were calling. Just kidding. I just haven't had much time lately to do more than read a few posts. I had a choice between reading each prayer request and responding to the fun stuff.

• Members

The games were calling. Just kidding. I just haven't had much time lately to do more than read a few posts. I had a choice between reading each prayer request and responding to the fun stuff.

Good on ya for makin' the right choice mate! :thumb