• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

We are continuing our study of David (First Samual 24 tomorrow). We will be hearing about discerning the difference between God placing something before us and the devil.

In Sunday school we are studying First Timothy.

I'm sure that will be very enjoyable, sir. :smile

First Timothy is undoubtedly one of my favorite books.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members
Good morning! How did that discussion end up? There's a lot of women preachers here in China.

There is one woman in our adult Sunday school the pastor has to keep reminding the Holy Ghost inspired the Scriptures, they are the Words of God, not the thoughts of Paul or whoever the Holy Ghost used to pen the Word.

Last week's study was rather spirited when a couple of women tried to voice the opinion that if a woman felt God telling her to be a preacher then that made it okay. That really got some discussion going!

Hmm, I can see how it would, sir.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

A couple women today tried to make the case that a divorced preacher would be able to better understand and counsel with those facing similar things.

Might as well have a preacher who has broken all the Ten Commandments, been a drug addict and drunk for a number of years and a womanizer as well so he will be able to relate better to those sorts too! :roll

A couple women today tried to make the case that a divorced preacher would be able to better understand and counsel with those facing similar things.

Might as well have a preacher who has broken all the Ten Commandments, been a drug addict and drunk for a number of years and a womanizer as well so he will be able to relate better to those sorts too! :roll

Well said, Brother John.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

If only folks who want to call themselves Christians would accept and obey the Bible rather than trying to have things their own way.

Indeed, sir, but that is something rare amongst believers (or, professing believers) nowadays.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

That's one of the things that caused me problems when I was first saved. I had no one around to disciple me so I got into the Word and read and studied. Of course so much seemed amazing to me because without the Holy Ghost I had not seen all this before.

Anyway, I kept seeing how we were to live, our lives were to change and we were to be different people, etc. Then I looked around at Christians and wondered how they could not be living this way. When I had the opportunity I asked about this and professing Christians kept telling me that not all of the Bible is for today, or that we can't really take all that literally, or that some of that stuff was dealing with back then, not today, etc.

I went back and read and studied more but their answers didn't fit Scripture. I kept asking myself why would anyone want to be a Christian if they didn't want to believe and obey the Bible.

Such caused me much stumbling and confusion for a long time.