• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members
I like Jimmy Stewart in the John Wayne movies! There are a couple other of his movies I've really enjoyed to but I can't recall their names right now.

My favorite Jimmy Stewart/John Wayne movie is the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance! Best film ever made! Why can't Hollyweird go back to making good clean movies again?

BTW - I win! :face:

• Members
Why is it that my Christian friends with Christian families try to give me advice on dealing with my heathenistic backslidden family that is so ridiculous(the advice)...

Sometimes Christians feel the need to try and "fix" everything or at least to offer their "expert words of wisdom" on everything. I had that problem myself early in my walk with the Lord.

Thanks be to God, He's taught me better now.

They probably mean well...

Guest Guest

Oh Kayla...I can relate. My in-laws would always tell me to "force" my son to go to church when he returned from NC. I would think to myself? He has the influence of his dad. He lived w/ his dad for 1 1/2 years in North Carolina. I had no control over that. Finally, I am was able to tell them that my pastor said... we will keep him in prayer. My son loves my pastor's wisdom. Force? They did that for years regarding their many "backslidden" sons (4 of them...out of 6). We can't control people. The Holy Spirit will lead, guide and direct their lives...as well as our paths. :pray No worries, Kayla. Sometimes we like to "play the Holy Spirit"...but, we can't. I truly believe that people have best intentions...they just worry, instead of leaving it in the hands of an Almighty God. Worry is a killer...faith is alive. :bible:

candlelight

• Members

[quote="Kayla"]Their advice is like "you can change your parents" NO I CAN'T CHANGE MY PARENTS only the LORD can do that.[/quote]

Yep, I've heard that sort of non-helpful advice before. We can let them see Christ in us as much as possible and pray for the Lord to work in their hearts but we can't change our parents.