• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I really can't stand the preachers who teach that if you're in debt or if you're poor, then you are sinning. Or the Pastor's who love to give you guilt trips if you're not tithing. It frustrates me when some of these false teachers enjoy building themselves up by tearing others down.

• Members

I still do not know what the prize is for winning this game?

Do we get a pie :hungry:, or a free coffee mug :coffee or what? Maybe we will get a free pencil? :thanks:

Since I moved, I do not have Internet connection, so I have to go online during breaks at work. I miss posting here, but I find myself with all sorts time on my hands in the evenings now (no cable TV either), so I spend my time listening to gospel music and cleaning and unpacking. I find that TV is stupid and boring, and mostly redundant, so I do not miss that at all, but I do miss my time here at OB.

I think paying off one's bills, getting out of debt, and living within the means that God has given you is the way Christians' ought to live - not by whoever has the most "toys" wins.

• Members
I really can't stand the preachers who teach that if you're in debt or if you're poor' date=' then you are sinning. Or the Pastor's who love to give you guilt trips if you're not tithing. It frustrates me when some of these false teachers enjoy building themselves up by tearing others down.[/quote']

There are far too many of these sorts of preachers in America. There are even those who prey upon the poor by proclaiming that if they send truly sacrificial donations to their ministry the Lord will rain money from heaven upon them. When these poor folks do this and the money doesn't rain these pastors tell them they didn't really give as much as the Lord wanted them to so they need to give more!

By the standards put forth by some preachers today, Paul and other New Testament saints would be viewed as not right with God because they were not living in health, wealth and prosperity. :roll

• Members
I still do not know what the prize is for winning this game?

Do we get a pie :hungry:, or a free coffee mug :coffee or what? Maybe we will get a free pencil? :thanks:

Since I moved, I do not have Internet connection, so I have to go online during breaks at work. I miss posting here, but I find myself with all sorts time on my hands in the evenings now (no cable TV either), so I spend my time listening to gospel music and cleaning and unpacking. I find that TV is stupid and boring, and mostly redundant, so I do not miss that at all, but I do miss my time here at OB.

I think paying off one's bills, getting out of debt, and living within the means that God has given you is the way Christians' ought to live - not by whoever has the most "toys" wins.

You best hurry and get your internet connection so everyone can know what's going on with Ron Paul!

True enough, Christians should live within the means they have, but preachers shouldn't tell the poor they are less spiritual because they don't have a big house and a fancy car.