• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members
I took my taxes up to be prepared. Not really special' date=' but I only do this once a year. :Green[/quote']

You have somebody else do them? That's nice! My hubby has been spending hours on ours lately. They're so complicated when you live in another country! It's all greek to me.

• Members

Good morning Madeline :coffee

Great post in the "If You're New Here Please Read" thread.

Reposted here:

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Members

Cool verse, huh? Some people think that just because they sit in a pew and warm up the seats at church that they're heavenbound. Jesus stated in the parable found in Matthew 13 that only the seed which falls on "good ground" leads to repentance and saving faith. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if even Pastors and preachers find themselves before the Great White throne on Judgment day only to find themselves in for a rude awakening.

• Members

It probably shouldn't but it still amazes me when I read or hear some of the things "Christian" pastors write or say that is clearly unbiblical. So many of these preach unbiblical concepts of salvation and getting to heaven that it's obvious they themselves can't be born again.

I always wonder how many of these people are sincere but horribly wrong and how many are that way because they just don't care. Or, in the case of some, how many are consciously working a scam for the sake of greed and a life of relative ease.

Then there are all those tens of thousands who follow these false pastors... :sad