• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I have seen them a few times. I saw the canadian fighter jet stunt guys, I think they are called the snowbirds. They were good to. I saw them at Andrew Aif Force Base air show. They also had the f-22 there. That thing is awesome. The company I work for works on that think. It is impressive.

• Members

Well the fever finally broke and i feeling a bit more human today, not as grouchy.

I saw the Blue Angels when they came to Mac Dill AFB in Tampa - it was awesome. However I was even more impressed with the speech given by one of the last surviving crew members of the Enola Gay. When asked if he felt any guilt over dropping The Bomb, he said no, because he felt like the deed helped to shorten the war and saved the lives of untold numbers of Americans. He said "The Japs were too dumb to give up. They did not know when to quit, and they would have fought to the very last man if the Bomb had not been dropped."

His speech sort of reminded me of these Taliban Terrorists - they are too dumb to give up.

• Members

I hate to say this , at least the Japanese fought with honor. When we finally dropped the bombs they gave up and moved on. the Taliban don't have any honor they will kill their own people. If we dropped a bomb on them they would love the thought of being martyrs. The Japanese were a very nasty enemy, but when they were finally beat they laid their weapons down. The Taliban will never lay their weapons down. We could kill all of them and their would be new ones the next day.

• Members
I hate to say this ' date=' at least the Japanese fought with honor. When we finally dropped the bombs they gave up and moved on. the Taliban don't have any honor they will kill their own people. If we dropped a bomb on them they would love the thought of being martyrs. The Japanese were a very nasty enemy, but when they were finally beat they laid their weapons down. The Taliban will never lay their weapons down. We could kill all of them and their would be new ones the next day.[/quote']

The Japanese were also dying with "honor" - the Kamikazi fighters were not much different from the Taliban. After the Atomic bomb was dropped the Emporer Hirojito told his men to surrender. 20 years later they were still finding a few fighting Japanese soldiers left on deserted islands in the Pacific who had not gotten word that the war was over. They worshipped Hirojito as a god, much like the Taliban worship and obey Osama-Bin-Forgotten.

Our resident historian, John81 might have a few words to add to this. :thumb

• Members

I just meant the way that the Taliban cause havoc was not the way the Japanese fought. In all that I have read about them they wanted to fight straight up. When they were beat they knew it and gave up. The little pockets of Japanese soldiers like in the Philipines could not believe they surrendered. I wasn't praising the Japanese. I just don't see that they were like the Taliban. John81 can school me though. I might be mistaken.

• Members

This is a great book dealing with one aspect of the Japanese during WWII.

Days of anguish, days of hope.
by Billy Keith

The book is about a Baptist Texas pastor, Robert Preston Taylor who the military asked to become a chaplain prior to WWII.

He was captured by the Japanese and his story is very much worth the read.