• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Last one to post in this thread wins

• Members

I learned how to drive on gravel roads, but I never drove on a 4 lane highway until I came down here 5 years ago! I still prefer the two lanes and the slower pace of the two lane roads, but most folks here laugh at me when I say that. Some of the roads around here expand from 4 lanes into eight, ten, even as much as sixteen lanes - having that many other cars to look out for is a nerve wracking experience for me.

• Members

I like to drive down the roads less traveled. I once drove on a paved highway (Cumberland Pkwy) that actually had grass growing up through the cracks in the pavement! A small herd of deer stood in the road and stared at my car - I had to come to a complete stop to let them cross - they acted like they had never seen a car before. :lol: Either that or they wanted to get a good look at my license plates! :frog

• Members

When I was very young, our house sat at the end of a dirt road on the edge of town. Since it was technically part of the town, my Dad requested that they gravel it. The town didn't want to so my Dad began parking his truck in a mud hole on the road and then calling the city workers at 4:30 in the morning to come pull his truck out. :Green Since it was a road the town was responsible for, they had to come pull him out. Dad did this three mornings in a row. That third night when he came home, that little dirt road, with only our house on it, was fully graveled. :smile