• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

[quote]
it is the complete, perfect, perserved, inerrant, infallible Word of God, the Bible.
[/quote]

...in the English language.

God has also preserved His word in Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc.

Are we really having this discussion again? There are alot of other threads about this topic and some of you will go round and round and never get anyone else to change his/her beliefs.

• Members

[quote]
...in the English language.

God has also preserved His word in Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc.

Are we really having this discussion again? There are alot of other threads about this topic and some of you will go round and round and never get anyone else to change his/her beliefs.
[/quote]

Actually i wasn't arguing about different languages.

Is the KJB the complete, perfect, perserved, inerrant, infallible, Word of God called the Bible? I am sure you would say yes. IF i did believe it to be in other languages would you expect me to list all the different languages people attempt to translate it in?

I was making a point about the difference in English and modern English, which the NKJV tries to "modernize" some of it's words.

• Members

Just of note concerning the nkjv; read Job 24, decide for yourself if the context delegates verses 22-24 to confirm either God leaves men w/o being sure of life or the wicked?

Many Rabbis hold to the context of this being the "wicked", conformists try to delegate this is God, common sense and revelation tells us that God would have all men to be saved, (I Tim 2).

I have found this to be enough to leave the nkjv where-ever it may be found; left un-opened and certainly a waste of time.

In 1800's, it was often objected that the 1611 was correctly labeled "The Holy Bible", then w/h along with other "protestors" demanded the 1611 be called the KJV. It would be easily understood that this was in conjunction with their attacks against the Word of God in allegiance with their father the devil/ the god of illiteracy and UN-education.

It has NOTHING to do with updating the word spelling and making punctuation corrections as surmised by those who either don't know, or are in that same allegiance, knowingly, or not.

We have the Words of God, w/o error in the King James Bible for the English speaking people, best referred to as The Holy Bible.

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]
[/quote]

:?: Should we stop declaring truth because someone doesn't like it? Or because we've already said it once before - even though it is a different (new) person asking now?

• Members

In chapter 13 of Matthew, Jesus began speaking in parables. What happened next...

[quote]
Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, [b]Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mat 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. [/b]
Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15 [b]For this people's heart is waxed gross[/b], and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Mat 13:16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Mat 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous [men] have desired to see [those things] which ye see, and have not seen [them]; and to hear [those things] which ye hear, and have not heard [them].
[/quote]

(emphasis mine)
I cringe when I hear people say the Bible is easier to understand, when I think the reason Jesus spoke in parables, was to conceal his word because as verse 15 states, "For this people's heart is waxed gross". This is remenisent of Romans 1 people,
[quote]
Rom 1:28 And even as[b] they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge[/b], God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[/quote]
(emphasis mine)

From my personal experience, I never understood the King James Bible, until I was born again. So for those who do not retain God in their hearts and minds, the Word of God will always be concealed. While the Word is concealed, you will never be able to come up with a Bible as inerrant, infallible and inspired, as the KJB. While people read the "modern" translations,
[quote]
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[/quote]

• Members

Hey bros.

Just had to add my 2 cents in again. (Im almost out of money too :lol: )

I Bro John. Ask anything you have questions about. I was saved in 1993 and was told to buy a NKJV by the pastor. He told me it was the best. We got a new pastor and he challenged the church to study the issue and see what they found about the KJV.

I was shocked to find all the words removed, changed, and not to mention the name of my God REMOVED over 100 times from the text. After a few months of intense study God led me to the KJV. Good luck in your studies bro. Like I said if you have a question just ask.

God Bless