• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Crafts

Guest Guest

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I like to cut out hard plastic canvas sheets that have square holes into Crosses or rectangles. Then I take a soft pointed wide eyed needle, and thread it with yarn, and goall the way around the cross or whatever you have cut out. Next make a slanted stitch going left to right (or visa versa) after going three or so stitches, check the Back of the bookmarker to see if the stitch looks tight or sloppy. If the pattern looks tight continue on until you get to where you began. If you went left to right in the first row, go right to left in the second row and continue this pattern until you finish the bookmarker. After you finish the bookmarker, go to the place where you initially began and make a loop. Then take a small, very smal crochet hook and makea chain stitch at the top of the bookmarker. The Chain stitch should be 1-2 " long.
Faithgirl

• Members

I'm getting into quilting. Right now I'm working on a Women of the Bible Devotional that another lady used to create a quilt. We study 52 different women of the Bible and will have a 6" quilt block to make (or not make, depending on your quilting abilities and time) that goes along with that women. For instance, Eve's block was block called Garden of Eden.

I've also got patterns to make a quilt called Sampler of Psalms. I just need to find time to start it. It will go on my bed eventually.

Ramba29

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I dabble in almost every type of craft known to man. I love cross stitch, crochet, sewing and scrapbooking, but I have tried knitting, candlemaking, soapmaking, quilting, and just about everything else that has come down the pipe at one time or another.

I have TONS of links to various craft sites, so I'll try to post some little by little for all you craft enthusiasts out there.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...