• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer request

• Members

Where do I begin? I'm in a war with the devil and I'm losing the battle because recently I've lost my girlfriend, job, and the school I attend are saying their going to remove me. Not to mention, I went to jail just recetly. :badday: I'm looking at life like it's a big defication hole and I'm stuck in the worst of it. I've prayed day and night. I've also took the step to get baptized but the devil is still riding me to my grave. :badday: I need a higher power to help me but I need the help of others to pray for me. I would cry but the tears are empty with no hope for coping. I can't deal with the pain anymore. I was recently put on suicide watch by the doctors and my counselor. It's like I'm moving in slow motion. Is it bad karma or am I paying for sins I may have commited. Somebody please pray for me. Just need alittle advice to help cope and that's why I came to this website because I hope someone with the right words could give me hope. :sad Is this my mortality? Will I suffer for the rest of my life? Can any one help me? Now I have lost the guidance of the ones close to me. No one wants to be close to a falling person. Why when things get tough for someone people turn their backs faster than I can recall. I'm lost in this war with the devil and I don't know anymore.

30idq41.jpg

• Members

I will pray for you but the only answer is Jesus. Unless you repent and are born again in Christ you will remain lost and a puppet of the devil.

You don't need a "higher power", you need the Creator, our great Redeemer and Saviour, Christ Jesus. All power is given to Him by God the Father. First to save you from your sins and then to give you the ability to become a new man in Christ.

In other threads you have started myself and others have explained how to be born again. We have shared the Word of God with you. It's up to you to yield to the calling of God's Holy Spirit and to accept Christ.

Baptism without first being born again in Christ is meaningless. Reread the other threads if you need to. Read the Scripture verses given to you. If you honestly call out to Christ with a repentant heart He will hear you and save you from your sins.

• Members

Praying for you. I know you feel rejected right now (with losing a gf, being removed from a school, etc) , we all been to that path, but remember the Lord haven't rejected you. turn to God , and accept his gift he have offered. I think the best site you can learn about salvation and Christ is learnthebible.org

As far as what's going on with your life, I know you can survive with the Lord's strength. I can't promise an easy road. Battling a suicidal thoughts is a challenge for some people to cope. Just like my hearing loss is a battle for me.

p.S. I am in tears for you. I love to reach out to help you. Please let the Lord, your parents and your doctor help you. God did create doctors for such thing. Or better yet, find a local pastor, hopefully a good (yes, there's such thing as a bad one) IFB pastor.

• Members

fallingangel1,
I am praying for you daily. Just before my nightly devotions, I pray for my family and friends. I think of you and I am concerned for you.

There is someone else concerned for you too. Jesus, my Lord and Savior cares more deeply for you than any person on the earth.

Proverbs 18:24 ...there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

There is no payment you could make or need to make for past sin.
Jesus payed it all.
He is much more than a babe in a manger.
He is God the Son.
Sent from God the Father.
A holy sacrifice for you and I.
If you and I have nothing valuable for an earthly king how could we offer anything to a Holy God and Creator?
That is why God provided Himself as payment for our sin.
All He asks is that we believe Him.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Trust Him.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Accept Him.

Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Follow Him.

I'm praying for you now.

Fallingangel1-I'm praying for you. :pray God will make you whole..... you just have to give him all the pieces. I heard that and it helped me so I thought I'd share. He loves you so much but you have to give Him your life before anything will change. Only telling you this in love. pixiedust

• Members

I am praying for you too. I have been where you are. In the position you are in the photograph too. You need to give it all over to Jesus and trust that he can help you and take care of you. Do not take your problems back when you give them to Him either. One thing that helped me to is continual praise and thanks continuing into the dark hours of the night. The times when it is at its worse. Try helping other people too. You will see others problems and not just your own and God will honour you for it. He will help you. Read the Psalms. David was a very emotional man during his problems he was dealing with. God said that he was a man after God's own heart. Seek God's heart and you can give Him yours. :pray Search my heart O God. Kind of a scary thing to ask God. But He will help you. He wants you to give your heart and mind over to Him and He will set you free of the misery and lonliness you feel right now. Even in the midst of everything you are going through. My Ex took my kids and disappeared for 3 months while I lived in a shelter and the Lord brought them back to me because He knew of my submission to Him. Everyone during this time said that someone (God) must have been looking out for me. They only found him through a random license plate check from an officer on a Sunday drive (patrol). 3 days before they were found instead of praying for the return of my children I started saying, I know you are going to bring them back, but please do it soon, this mortal body cannot take much more. An officer came over to my house when I got back from church that day and said they found my kids. Don't let Jesus go. Hang on to Him.

• Members

This is a response from a friend of mine too. Call her Wandersunny.

First thing I have to say to you is your only hope lies in the Holy God. Now I can not tell you how to be happy. However, if you are interested in know how to be Holy as God is Holy I can show you this. To be Holy will bring you Joy, Peace, Love, The ability to be longsuffering, to have gentleness and goodness, to learn to be meek, and temperate (being controlled by the Holy Spirit). These be the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22 and 23. Here is your HOPE, Romans 15:13 " Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Next, I want to say to you that God is God who know all of our struggles, Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet with out sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Because we have an high priest, Jesus Christ, who has been touched with feelings of our infirmities but remained sinless he has won the victory for us. I Corinthians 10:13 " There hath no temptation taken you but such as common to man: but to be tempted above that ye are able: but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." First thing God wants you to see in this verse is "you are not alone." What you are going through is common to man. You may not see them a head of you or behind you but if you look down there has been many who trodden the same road you are on now. Many have won the victory through Jesus Christ the Lord. Second, remember Jesus Christ the Lord traveled the same road as you when he walked on this earth as a man. He knows your infirmities. Third, God will not let you go through more than you are able to bear, especially if you put your trust in him. Nehemiah 8:10 "Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry: for the JOY of the LORD is your STRENGTH." Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Therefore, REJOICE in the LORD ALWAYS and again I say REJOICE." (Philippians 4:4) For he is the JOY of your salvation and the hope of your life. Next thing you need to see out of I Corinthians 10:13 there is already an answer and a way to escape your infirmities. The escape is in Obedience to a Holy God. Romans 1:5 "by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations for his name. Romans 6:16-19 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servant to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? but God be thanked, that ye :pray were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed form the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. being then made fee from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness." Romans 8:37 "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."
All this saying, none of this can not be true in your life if you first have never received Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and Lord. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God." Have you admitted to God that you are a sinner without hope? Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death (eternal separation from God without hope); But the GIFT of God is ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our Lord (our High Priest)." Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him form the dead, thou shalt be saved. for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
My Prayer for you is that you will no the truth. As it says in John 8:31-32 "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall make you free." John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man come unto the Father, but by me. I am praying that you will seek to know Jesus the truth for he will make you free and you will have hope.

I would like to introduce you to a program that has helped me find all this out in my life. It is a Christ Center discipleship program. It is called REFORMERS UNANIMOUS. It is a international program. You can learn more about this on it's web site www.reformu.com. There is also a men's discipleship home in Rockford, Ill. where you can go to get help for the seriousness of your problems.

I truly sympathize with your despair. I have traveled a hard road until I found the secret of knowing Christ who finally made me free.

Through the Love of Christ my Saviour
Wandersunny :pray