• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Spanish Bible

• Members

Ephesians 4:15 [b]But speaking the truth in love[/b], may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 4:25 [b]Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour[/b]: for we are members one of another.

Ephesians 4:29-32 [b]Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.[/b] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. [b]Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice[/b]: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

• Members

I'm glad this subject of the Spanish Bible was brought up. You see, I live in Puerto Rico (Spanish Speaking country) and 99% of all evangelical churches use the Reina-Valera 1960. This is all we've got, there is no Spanish Bible conformed to the TR, I personally believe that the KJV is superior to the RV, but hey- can't tell my pastor about that, they all defend the 1960RV. What can I do? People should hurry up and create a new Bible based on the Received Text!

We are tired of reading that the fourth man was a son of the gods! We need a TR Bible!

We are tired of reading that being angry (even if there's a reason) means danger of hell! (Matt. 5:22)! We need a TR Bible!

We are tired of reading in Psalm 12:6-7 that it is not talking about the Word of God! We need a TR Bible!

What can we do??

• Members

In regards to Ps.12:6,7...and I'll throw in verse 5 & 8...
[quote]
5. For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. 6. The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7. Thou shalt keep them O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. 8. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.
[/quote]

As I understand it, the Hebrew pronouns for "them" in verse 7 are masculine plural and masculine singular, and the Hebrew for "poor" and "needy" in verse 5 are both masculine, whereas the Hebrew for "words" in verse 6 is feminine. So it seems that both context-wise and grammar-wise, this verse is not referring to "the words of the Lord" being preserved, but to the "poor and needy" being preserved.

The Geneva Bible of 1560 translated verse 7: "Thou wilt keep them, O Lord: thou wilt preserve him from this generation forever." And in the marginal note regarding the word "them", it said: "That is, thine, though he were but one man".

And this view seems to be the majority view among translators and commentaries.

Guest Guest

[quote="bornagain2287"]
We are tired of reading in Psalm 12:6-7 that it is not talking about the Word of God! We need a TR Bible!

What can we do??
[/quote]
I think, perhaps, you can do two things. The first is understand that the Old Testament is not based on the TR. The TR is New Testament only.

The second is, trust your KJV. My AV1611 (first edition, first printing) tells us that the word "them" in verse 7 is referring to the "poor" and "needy" of verse 5. The KJV translators, guided by God, knew that scoffers would arise who do not trust their KJVs, so they put a marginal note right beside verse 7 which makes it clear that the "them" is referring to the "poor" and "needy" in verse 5. The note says, "Heb. him. i.e. euery one of them." God will preserve every one of His people, the poor and needy ones, and not a single one of them will be lost to Him.

• Members

No, it says them. This pronoun refers back to the words, which is the noun just prior to it.

There is a difference between saying it can be both and stating someone is correcting the Bible when they take the one position.

I would rather stick to Cloud's research, than that of yours. Thanks for the insightful wisdom anyway.

Psalms 12:6-7 [b]The words of the LORD [/b]are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep [b]them[/b], O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Hm, the word [i]them[/i] - could this sentence possibly be referring to the one just before it? Last I checked in my grammar studies, the pronouns refer back to the last noun (or object) mentioned. Maybe Cas has a different grammar book... There is New Math - so maybe there is New Grammar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Wildflower, To your post i use 1602 or 1909 seeing they do not resort too incorperating corupt text of the bible.

Hopelchen,

You still trying to promote the RSV wanabe bible You havnt even responded to the last thread you where in and im still curious to the nature of why you deleted some of your post.... http://onlinebaptist.com/messageboards/ ... &&start=72

Maby if the KJV churches that are supporting your missions efforts actualy knew that you where advocating a Bible that has Westcott & Hort influence you would think twice of supporting it.

http://home.comcast.net/~fbcbridgeview/Muller.htm

http://www.geocities.com/calvarybaptist ... aries.html

http://www.kjv-asia.com/authorized_vers ... _bible.htm

bornagain2287, Praise the Lord so many are forced to go along with the RV1960 because it is in the majority. It seems more than any the majority of Hispanics would rather have a bible that sounds correct and focus on the "Message" of the bible versus having a more literal and accurate text.

• 3 years later...
Guest Guest

The Reina-Valera is the most common spanish bible. The Reina-Valera uses the Hebrew Masoretic Text and the Greek Textus Receptus.