• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Salvation

Guest Guest

Are your parents saved Christians?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are your parents saved Christians?

• yes
    • no
    • only one is
    • only one is

• Members

I was raised as long as I can remember in a christian home with wonderful Godly christian parents. My dad was a Independent Baptist minister/pastor and my mother was always right there beside dad in his calling.They are both saved and born again believers. My dad died the very day our youngest daughter was born and God definitely filled a precious void in my mother's life with our youngest daughter. God knows all things and what a GLORIOUS feeling

• Members

Well, they're certainly not "[b]lost[/b] Christians". :wink: (Just teasing)

My Mother was saved as a young girl, and my Dad was saved at the age of 51. They had come out to Hammond for the birth of our first child (1980), and Dad was saved at FBC that week. Unfortunately their flight home was before our son was born, so they missed that, but Praise God, their visit was not in vain!

• Members

[quote="Sojourner"]
Well, they're certainly not "[b]lost[/b] Christians". :wink: (Just teasing)

My Mother was saved as a young girl, and my Dad was saved at the age of 51. They had come out to Hammond for the birth of our first child (1980), and Dad was saved at FBC that week. Unfortunately their flight home was before our son was born, so they missed that, but Praise God, their visit was not in vain!
[/quote]
That is wonderful and you are SO RIGHT it was not in vain by any measures!!!

• Members

I put not sure because I don't think my Mom is saved but I'm pretty sure my Dad is. They both supposedly accepted Jesus as their Savior shortly after my baby brother died. We went to church as a family for several years and both of my parents were very involved in the local baptist (I think it was fundamental) church. But they often disagreed about alot of things, and particularly about what was taught at church. My mother always leaned toward libralism. Eventually she stopped going to church all togeth, and a couple years later divorced my Dad. Dad continued to take me to church, but by this time all my siblings had stopped going to church too. Dad kept going to church as long as I was around to go with him, but when I left home he stopped going as well. He would go occasionally, usually when I was home visiting. When I moved back to Maine from CT several years ago he started going more often and in the last few years he has gone consistently and joined the church we attended when I was growing up. He says he's saved, but was backsliden for many years. I believe this is true. My mother, on the other hand, would also say she's saved, but shows no interest in spiritual things and hasn't been to church in years. I've always had the impression that she doesn't see herself as a sinner. I really don't think she is truly saved. I think she thinks shes saved just because she prayed a prayer. Unfortunately there are a lot of people like my mother, who prayed a prayer, but never really repented of their sins, and are trusting in something they did, not what Jesus did for them at Calvary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

[quote]
I have been in church all of my life (including before I was born
[/quote]

Has there ever been a time and place where you have personally trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation?

Guest Guest

[quote]
Has there ever been a time and place where you have personally trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation?
[/quote]

I have known Lori for I long time, I believe I can safely say she has.[/quote]

• Members

That's great.

My Mom has come to know the Lord within the last several years, and has been clinging to Him with all these serious health problems she has now.

My Dad, my stepmom, and my stepdad are not saved.

• 8 months later...