• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakershalfdozen

What part do you sing?

hmmm just browsing the old topics, and saw this one

i'm soprano..can hit high "A", but can't sustain it for very long. So high G is really my highest note in my range. I can get down to B below middle C comfortably. I can sing alto, but I dont enjoy it very much although I really like to harmonize too

:mrgreen:

By any chance, is Mark Lawson from First Baptist Church in Rosemount, MN origally?

Thanks to my great choir teacher in high school, I can sing low bass to high soprano - yes, I get funny looks from people in church when I decide to sing soprano. Of course, that is falsetto, but with a good, deep breath, I can hit them pretty well.

WOW - small world - he and I went to school together in Rosemount.

I will have to look him up if he is in Eagan (since that is where I live). But, if you see him, say hello from Trent Fruetel (pronounced Freedle) for me.

In a mens quartet, I usually sing alto.
In a mixed quartet, usually bass.
In a duet (usually with my Mom), I sing the soprano and she sings alto.
In choir, I sing bass.
In congregational, I usually sing bass, but since I'm the song leader, I don't get to do that very often.

Trent - I think Mark is going to Southside Baptist Church in IGH - Pastor Brantham. Last I heard he was anyways.

And if you're talking about Steve Curry, then I agree - he was a great choir leader! (and a good English teacher too) I miss those choir days.

Katie, you are right - I was talking about Steve Curry. And thanks for the information about Mark. I will have to try to see him again. It has been a long time.

I sing what I affectionately call the "true" bass parts. In the bass cleff when notes are written above the staff it is almost impossible for me to hit them. However I can sing the ones known as "pedal" notes. The tone of my voice is actually deeper than that of George Beverly Shea.

George Groce